So i'm disappointed with my HU...

andrewmoore13
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Ok so I'm a little disappointed with my HU at the moment and I'm looking to change to Alpine. I really dont want to deal the with Pioneer's horrible iPod interface and the alt whine that I just can't get rid of. So I'm lookin in to the CDA's more specifically the 9885, 9886, and 9887. Does anyone know the real differences between them? Thanks.

9885 and 9886 are the same just '07 and '08 models, the 9887 is a nicer headunit with alot better sound processing capabilities, if your dissapointed with the pioneer get the 9887 and alpine definately has a better ipod interface

lol if i wanted to read i would have already... i was hoping someone could just point out the noticeable differences instead of all that technical **** i dont understand lol

9886 can be used with the imprint. Built in ipod on 9886, no usb on 9886, 9886 has 2 band eq, can be ran active using the pxa-h100

9886 can be used with the imprint. Built in ipod on 9886, no usb on 9886, 9886 has 2 band eq, can be ran active using the pxa-h100
didnt realize it could use imprint, the 2 band eq is basically bass and treble adjustments though, they both use full speed ipod controls too, not trying to argue but ive had personal experience with both.

My Pioneer is fine. I have a 690UB and it's nice. I guess the ipod thing could be a problem, but I only use it to charge my ipod. But if you use it a lot i can see how this could be a problem.

so then what makes the 9887 that much better?
and by that much i mean more $$$
it has a 7 band eq as well as time correction and the crossover allows you to run active( 2 or 3 way)

if ur looking to step up SQ or run acitve components, i would get the 9887

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.