So I just ordered 4 of these...

I think I want to try the 2 10s I bought ported First, the sealed enclosure that I already had is stuck at the back of a 10 x 20 garage (that's what I get for being drop dead sick on moving day). Second I don't think these are ideal for sealed application. And mostly I've seen some of you have too much **** fun with them ported.
What gross airspace and tuning should these like? I'll probably have to go prefab or have someone build. I'm in an apartment until our house is built so building myself isn't possible.

Thanks

Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk
They model up well in 2-3cf tuned 30-33hz. The bigger low tuned box (3@30hz) hits xmax at 24hz on 600w and would have a strong low end and taper softly.

Lemme show you my 8"...
ilSP2Ko.jpg
T-line??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Picked up 4 from Fry's today, not as good as the original Walmart deal, but after tax $18 each.

Plan will be to put them in a 3Ft^3 ported box and push them with the Pioneer GMD9601 at 1 ohm.

Will be a fun project in the next month or two.

Picked up 4 from Fry's today, not as good as the original Walmart deal, but after tax $18 each. Plan will be to put them in a 3Ft^3 ported box and push them with the Pioneer GMD9601 at 1 ohm.

Will be a fun project in the next month or two.
Still shocked by the price of these.
I remember my older brother doing two 12 inch Urban something or other sound woofers from Walmart. In like 5-6 cubes or something crazy. It sounded pretty decent for what there are.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Just tested my box in my buddies Ford Focus.  My amps aren’t in yet.  Ran the 4 8’s at 1 ohm off of his Skar amp (SK-M5001D) @500 watts.  Holy hell these things are ridiculous for the price!  He couldn’t believe he was listening to $18 speakers.  

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

MattinMO

Senior VIP Member
MattinMO
St.louis, MO
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from