So i bought the Image Dynamics CTX65's

cheapest RTA setup (
- a laptop computer running TrueRTA with the unlock for 1/24 octave

- a USB mic preamp such like the MXLmate, or M-Audio, etc.

- a flat omni-directional mic - Behringer ECM8000 or Dayton Audio equal.

I use an Earthworks M50 mic, SoundDevices USBPre, and a custom built laptop with Goldwave and TrueRTA.
i dont have a laptop but im sure with a couple extentsion cords my desktop would do lol. Maybe someone would be nice enough to help me out with an rta, i'll be searching. Thanks again

yes, a desktop is fine. a standard sound card and mic preamp (with 48V phantom power) is also fine. a USB sound card is not necessary. you do need to characterize the system noise and calibrate the system. computers are noisy beasts. Our laptop is optimized for low internal noise.

TrueRTA is a great program, very easy to use and it's mostly limited by your equipment.

Just installed them and they have some surprisingly bright tweeters. Even with the highs turned all the way down they are still too bright. The upside is that they have really smooth mids.

Everything is on flat, except for the highs which are set at their lowest lol. Crossovers are at 125 right now for low/mid/high and the slopes are all at +12. The tweeter might be a bit bright, but those mids are super smooth. Awesome clarity.

Tweeters are in the a pillar, and i swiveled the tweeter all the way towards the window and it helped a bit, but not enough. I might just end up using a couple resistors or something. I'm just surprised they are so bright.

I love bright tweeters. Now this thread makes me want to really get these right now. I have sweaty palms and a hole burning in my pocket on what to get. The type x's or these dirty girls.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.