So Excited

So I'm still waiting for my 310A alternator from Singer.

I also ordered a 50 feet 2/0 Sky High cable along with some 2/0 terminals.

Next is to do buy an amp, extra batteries, subs, ohh and extra wires.

My plan is Sundown two* 12 Zv3 but I've seen the 12 Zv4s and I love them.

Planning on running it with a Crescendo 5500bc.

-Probably get a box built from BHE.

Still not entirely sure on the sub and amp set up.

Any other suggestions?

I'm open to them.

Last edited by a moderator:
A BC5500 is going to be dangerously overpowering a pair of Z's. It can be done but it'll shorten the life of the soft parts.

Sundowns are great, don't get me wrong. But in that price range I'd look at some Tantric or AA subs, I've heard nothing but great things about them. A pair of Mayhems or HDDs would pair nicely with a 5500

A BC5500 is going to be dangerously overpowering a pair of Z's. It can be done but it'll shorten the life of the soft parts.
Sundowns are great, don't get me wrong. But in that price range I'd look at some Tantric or AA subs, I've heard nothing but great things about them. A pair of Mayhems or HDDs would pair nicely with a 5500
Tantric don't have website at the moment, do they?

With that nice of alt one good underhood batt and one big trunk batt should get you buy

I run a saz 4500 (same power as crecendo) at .5 daily with about 150ah in batteries and a 200 amp alt and I don't leave the 13s

If you plan to get the 5500, what are you going to do about batteries? Is this daily or for playing music?
Daily and maybe try my luck and compete with it.

I already have a d2400 under the hood, buying 3 or 4 Duracell AGM 31. (I would go for d3100 but I can buy 2 Duracell for the price of 1 d3100)

Running 2 runs of 2/0 from alt + to rear batteries and maybe a run of 2/0 from front battery - to back.

The new zv4 12 seems to take a sundown 3500 no problems from jacobs video on youtube... I would guess a 5500 wouldn't even get a pair warm then unclipped

It should have power, that is for sure. I'd be excited for it too, though that is a bit much for a daily for me. Make sure to do a build log, take pics/vids.
I'll start a build log when I get 75% of the stuff with me.

Should be by next month or so.

a pair of Sounqubed(still hate the new name) HDC4s would like that power. How much space are you working with? Multiple subs might be a good idea since you have plenty of power. Good to see you went all out upgrading electrical before anything else.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Josef344

Josef344
Jacksonville
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
bhsdriller