Small thin sub for a 1995 Sedan DeVille?

1991Brougham
10+ year member

Pyramid Blaster
Not much room to work with inside the Caddy but my thought was to stick a thin sub under the back seat. Anyone here have ideas on this? Having been gone so long I have no idea of what's available or been tried so Help Me Wanda...LOL!

Rick

Doh! I don't know. Just figured someone here has done it and knew what the deal is for these GM FWD's of that time.
Rick
It would definitely be worth looking into. I already know I'm going to get flamed for this, but the JL TW5 would probably be the best sounding of the bunch unless you're going for a straight SQ sub (in which case the SI BM MKIII is going to be your best bet). I'll give honorable mention to the Sundown SD-2 as well, though I wouldn't consider it a very shallow subwoofer, and the Hybrid Audio Technologies (or HAT) I6SW.

Thanks for the info Neo! I looked at the JL website and saw they had another thin sub which was even smaller. The SI BM MKIII is out of production but the company says they're going to have a new model out later on. Between 2m SSB gear and a sub, I have lots of Santa list stuff to get as the moolah trickles in. Now I know where to go because you said so!

Rick

No experience with the sedan deville but I did have a 95' sts and I'm curious, how are you gonna put a sub even a thin sub under the rear seat of your car? Why not put a single standard sub in the trunk or something???

No experience with the sedan deville but I did have a 95' sts and I'm curious, how are you gonna put a sub even a thin sub under the rear seat of your car? Why not put a single standard sub in the trunk or something???
My trunk space is precious! Subs gobble up space so no sub there please! Under the rear seat is a bit of space so something has to fit there. Anyways, that's my thoughts FWIW.

Rick

Yeah I've owned several caddy's in the past and trunk space is never at a premium, all cadilllacs I've seen have at least a decent sized trunk, if not fairly large, albeit sometimes the openings are on the small side. To get airspace and depth your not going to have many options here, I'd even be looking at shallow 6.5's or something because under seat really isn't much room. I'd do a sealed 12 or 10 in the back, if you can't give up a 12x12x12 space, maybe even a bit less, then your other option would be to do an IB setup in the rear deck, that wouldn't take any space at all basically.

I had a 97 deville and by no means do they have a small trunk... Put a good 10 or 12 in a small sealed box with a grille over the sub in case things move around while driving the boat *cough* I mean the car. If it has the same setup as my car did it has front door speakers and 6x9's in the rear deck, but that also varied between models.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.