Small build in 99 Chevy Trailblazer

Participant count
  • Participant list

kelectronicsmo
10+ year member

Small build just to experiment , Here is whats going in .

Head unit is Pioneer DEH-80prs

front door speakers CDT hd-61

dash speakers Zapco iforce 5.25

sub stage 2 PPI PC-12 in 6th order designed by Mobile Enclosure

mid and high amp Arc Audio KS 300.4

sub amp Arc Audio KS1200.1

Audio Technix sound deadener

Big 3 with 1/0

I will try to round up some pics soon

FYI the PPI PC12's are for experimenting , we will see how they end up sounding

The box is bare right now and I will decide how to cover it once I find out how well everything works , I may end up scrapping it and going with 2 AB XFL 12's

I dont have the top cover for the box done yet , I am waiting for a custome plate to be finished .View attachment 26539421View attachment 26539422View attachment 26539423View attachment 26539424View attachment 26539427View attachment 26539426View attachment 26539425

Well , The CDT's are wonderful sounding as expected, I love their tweeters so smooth. And surprisingly the pc.12's are pretty nice ! the box sounds great and very musical with plenty of spl! More broad banded than i expected and it really does great with the "punchy" bass . I have some audiophile tracks with some very well mixed and mastered jazz and blues and the CDT's really shine .My old zapco's are toast , need to replace those . As for the lows, I have ran a few older people out of the truck with some rap music hammering . I definatly need to do something with the rear glass , it sounds obnoxious at low frequency high volume . And for the ARC audio amps, I can say so far I am impressed with how well they perform, not the best i have heard but for the price and size they may be hard to beat. All in all I am happy with the sq , still more tuning to do .

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.