06 Honda Civic build with 12" aq hdc4 and sundown saz-3500

Participant count
  • Participant list
Well, its somewhat of a build. But I finally got everything ready and should have the system done by this week.

It'll include:

- 12" aq hdc4

- An enclosure built by double 07 thats 2.5 cu ft net after displacement and tuned to 34 hz.

- Sundown saz-3500 amp

- Sundown sax-100.4 amp

- XS Power d3100 battery

- Knu 0 gauge ofc wire for power and ground(run of each)

View attachment 26539067

View attachment 26539068

View attachment 26539069

I shot some pics of my new knu wire against my old kicker hyperflex. I noticed the knu is much more flexible and from the looks of it, has more strands and less jacket than the kicker.

View attachment 26539071 kicker on the left and knu on the right

View attachment 26539070

[quote name='garretttt4']Nice! Now we need vids after u get it in! Haha[/QUOTE]

Oh I will :)

[quote name='Moler1129']If you need an extra D3100 for cheap hit me up @myjaja;[/QUOTE]

I really want your battery but I wont have any extra funds for a couple weeks now. Stupid speeding ticket. :(

[quote name='NASTY08IMPALA']Good luck i love my 2 hdc4 12.s[/QUOTE]

Oh trust me, I love these subs. I had two 12" aq hdc4's in my old honda and they were extremely loud. I was in the 50's off music with them. Hopefully I can at least do a good 145-147 with one of these in this car.

oh i will //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

i really want your battery but i wont have any extra funds for a couple weeks now. Stupid speeding ticket. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

oh trust me, i love these subs. I had two 12" aq hdc4's in my old honda and they were extremely loud. I was in the 50's off music with them. Hopefully i can at least do a good 145-147 with one of these in this car.
slow your *** down and buy my battery! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

More pics... I dont have too many. lol I always get caught up in the install and end up forgetting to take some.

View attachment 26539133

View attachment 26539134

View attachment 26539135

Ill take more pics of the final result and a video. Its actually pretty loud. I got major windshield flex and steering wheel flex along with bouncing windshield wipers. lol

EDIT: Ever sense adding the subwoofer rca's, I started getting engine noise through the door speakers? Why is that? Its off a pioneer 80prs.

More pics... I dont have too many. lol I always get caught up in the install and end up forgetting to take some.
View attachment 26539133

View attachment 26539134

View attachment 26539135

Ill take more pics of the final result and a video. Its actually pretty loud. I got major windshield flex and steering wheel flex along with bouncing windshield wipers. lol

EDIT: Ever sense adding the subwoofer rca's, I started getting engine noise through the door speakers? Why is that? Its off a pioneer 80prs.
Sounds like a ground loop.. check your RCA's and ground, you may have knocked one loose, or RCA's are possibly touching..

Going over RCA/Ground connections would be best (cheapest) solution. Make sure ish is plugged all the way in.

If everything's in completely/not touching... I'd say swap RCA's and see if that doesn't eliminate the noise. (Provided your grounds are solid.)

Edit: Maybe post some pics of your ground, where it's terminated & attached to the amp? Just my $0.02

Sounds like a ground loop.. check your RCA's and ground, you may have knocked one loose, or RCA's are possibly touching..Going over RCA/Ground connections would be best (cheapest) solution. Make sure ish is plugged all the way in.

If everything's in completely/not touching... I'd say swap RCA's and see if that doesn't eliminate the noise. (Provided your grounds are solid.)

Edit: Maybe post some pics of your ground, where it's terminated & attached to the amp? Just my $0.02
The rca's were ran behind the radio two days ago but the other end was just sitting in the trunk waiting to get plugged into a sub amp. Well my highs amp sounded normal those two days until I plugged the sub rcas to the sub amp today. Thats when it started. But ill check my ground and the rcas. Thanks

The rca's were ran behind the radio two days ago but the other end was just sitting in the trunk waiting to get plugged into a sub amp. Well my highs amp sounded normal those two days until I plugged the sub rcas to the sub amp today. Thats when it started. But ill check my ground and the rcas. Thanks
Are you using two sets of preouts(2sets of RCA's)? Or a y-splitter(1set of RCA's split to two)?

Edit: or 1set input(to highs amp), one set output(from highs amp to sub amp)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.