Small 6.5 mids, help me

Participant count
  • Participant list

JoshC
10+ year member

The Taco MASTA
Houston, tx
Looking to change my door speakers outs, only issue is its a Honda prelude so the speaker sits in the recessed door panel and its an odd size.

Max overall size is 6&1/8th inches

Cutout for speaker is 5 inches

Its listed as a 6.5 speaker, but I have tryed a fosgate prime I had laying around (oversized 6.5) way to big. Also tryed a Hertz hv-165 which was to large. Max depth is about 2in but I can space it out .5-.75inches no problem.

I know old infinity reference 6010s fit, but no idea about anything else.

What year model is the car? I have a 98 CRV, and I had to do some cutting to get just about any 6.5 to fit..Looks stock with cover.Took me an entire day for both front doors with a Dremel and a roto zip,and deadning

What year model is the car? I have a 98 CRV, and I had to do some cutting to get just about any 6.5 to fit..Looks stock with cover.Took me an entire day for both front doors with a Dremel and a roto zip,and deadning
1999, I cut the back basket out so the magnet would fit already. Just can't get any 6.5s to fit in the recessed hole

I gutted everything out,,only thing left was the outter lip to hold the stock grill/cover in place..Used a sheet of ABS to attatch to the door and deadened around and made a new hole for the mid to sit/screw too.I have a 6.5 Infinity Kappa 60.9cs mid in there right now that sounds fantastic on my old Crossfire TEK 100.2 with a set of CDT DRT-25 tweets on the dash with the Infinity crossovers..The Infinity tweets didnt last on RMS power..CDTs are hanging in there. The Mids are fantastic.Sounded better than my Hertz ,Mssive, CDT Cl,...Picked up a set of Image Dynamics 6.5 mids CTX 65cs to see if I can get them in the doors without any issues

I gutted everything out,,only thing left was the outter lip to hold the stock grill/cover in place..Used a sheet of ABS to attatch to the door and deadened around and made a new hole for the mid to sit/screw too.I have a 6.5 Infinity Kappa 60.9cs mid in there right now that sounds fantastic on my old Crossfire TEK 100.2 with a set of CDT DRT-25 tweets on the dash with the Infinity crossovers..The Infinity tweets didnt last on RMS power..CDTs are hanging in there. The Mids are fantastic.Sounded better than my Hertz ,Mssive, CDT Cl,...Picked up a set of Image Dynamics 6.5 mids CTX 65cs to see if I can get them in the doors without any issues
Wow so yea refab the whole door mount, well i just looked at the silver flutes 5 1/2. Seems to match pretty close, think i may try them.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.