slot port box enhancements

Participant count
  • Participant list

cheeto
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I guess they'd be called enhancements, i don't really know. Basically I have a slot ported box with a few things that need to be done to it, and I don't know if I have the right stuff, so I figured I'd check with you guys.

The box doesn't have any kind of sealant on a few of the panels, and I have some "Dap 100% silicone sealant". Would that work to seal it, or should I even worry about it?

That, and on the back panel of the box (the one opposite where the sub is mounted), I drilled a few holes to mount my amp, but I upgraded a little while ago. Should I seal that with this "Dap Plastic wood" stuff or just leave it?

Thanks.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

Whoa, that will be one skinny port. The width of the back wall ports will be 1.08" wide (27.5mm), but the front port will be shared by 2 subs so...
Yeah, saw that too, was like ??? wtf! They do know there stuff, I usually just roll with it!
You could try to make the port longer, but there might be other reasons with the box won't extend lower, or even the sub. You'd have to reverse...
While that program is pretty neat, it assumes you know the values. I was just recapping the numbers you provided. RS recommends the following...
Yup. That is the bread truck that Richard Clark built for MTX many years ago . 60 inch subwoofer. The problem was that the truck wasn’t...

About this thread

cheeto

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
cheeto
Carmel, IN
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date