slapmaster's OFFICIAL monster groundpounder build log. 60+ speakers and counting.

had a little mis hap with the router

today245.jpg

today260.jpg

i wish my fg skills were half of what you have. i cant seem to figure out how to stretch the fabric tight enough to get it like you have it

**** son. need some help? looks like you got it though.

i want to demo this **** //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

i cought all kinda hell trying to wrap these mf's. had to cut off a huge piece of excess matieral. cut a gap on purpus to pull the matieral tight when i stitch it closed.

today263.jpg

today219.jpg

the volcano mids are/were on ebay, thats where i got mine from once i saw this build (first thread a while back). I havent fiberglassed my doors yet, but i do have 13 sets in total, gonna keep some as spairs.

I've connected 4 up to 1 channel on my SAX100.4, 4 ohms, so only getting 25 watts each. they are TWICE as loud as my 2 Dayton PA speakers (6.5") on the same channel on same power and sound TEN times better.

and they are 5" TOTAL in size, actually cone is probably 4.5" at the most, and are incredibly loud especially for the size. can work as full range like slap was saying, but better as mids with separate tweets imo

Looking good!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

on the night shift....

cheap too?
yes, VERY VERY VERY VERY affordable. basically if you buy enough, you can get them for about $5 per mid. yes $5

13 sets cost me $126 shipped //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif:cool:

dont let the price fool you they are GOOD

as a comparison, i used to have PG RSD's (that i know a lot of people liked including me). 2-4 of these with a set of tweeters will walk all over a set of RSD's, saving you a lot of money

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.