Skater : bad transaction, watch out for shippers who DONT insure expensive packages

newtitan
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
CALI
heres the sale thread

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=413571&highlight=morel

heres the story and what I sent to paypal

Hello I purchased this item from the seller, in what was stated as mint condition, fully functional. The item was shipped and left on my porch. I opened them item, and inspected the box, there were no dents or damage to the box, other than the plastic torn off.
there was no mounting hardware for the tweeters, no manual and no screws etc. I opened the main speaker drivers (wrapped in bubble wrap ) , to find one has TWO major dents in the voice coil. The voice coil is INSIDE a metal frame. Also the opposite mid has scratch marks/cosmetic on the dust cap from some sort of rubbing issue

I have not powered them, but this will cause severe noise, and will lessen the lifespan of the electronics

The passives crossovers and tweeters have not been opened!! I within 20 minutes of opening emailed the seller ( I have all copies of communication for record)

I contacted the seller and asked if the item was insured for the ENTIRE value, he researched and realized that he DID NOT pay for insurance , and fedex by contract and CLEAR statement on all there forms, only covers $100 for free.

I asked the seller to A) issue me a discount for the damage, b) let me return the speakers for a full refund, or c) send me a replacement midrange driver. he has refused all options, and insists on filing a claim with fedex, in which they are scheduled to pick up the damaged item (as so he has directed me, although I dont have a scheduled pickup time yet).

So I will be without the speaker set, and waiting for a claim of only $100. He claims that the clerk at the fedex counter clerk is seeking to get a full $350 insurance claim, even though the insurance, or signature confirmation was not paid for on the shipping form, or on the actual receipt.

I request that I send the item back to the SELLER in the same packing at my costs, provided PAYPAL can guarantee that I can receive all my $350 back, not a partial $100 claim that the seller is offering. Ill ship with sig conf/insurance

and what does paypal tell me

You have chosen to escalate your dispute to a PayPal claim. By endingcommunication with the seller, you are asking PayPal to investigate the

case and decide the outcome. As part of our investigation, PayPal reviewed

any communication you may have had in the Resolution Center.

Our investigation into your claim is complete. As stated in our User

Agreement, the claims process only applies to the shipment of goods. It

does not apply to complaints about the attributes or quality of goods

received. Therefore, we are unable to reverse this transaction or issue a

refund.

moral of the story

BE VERY CAREFUL WHO YOU BUY FROM, make sure there references are TIGHT, and that they know how to fill out a fedex claim CORRECTLY, and make sure that THEY pack it, as they tell you after the fact that the fedex counter packed it, and may or may not have put dents in the voice coil...... of course after the fact lol..and oh yeah maybe its not a good idea to ship expensive speaker sets in the ORGINAL box showing "morel elates" for the the wonderful crew at fedex to maybe get interested lol, and signature conf is just maybe a good idea

its recession folks and sellers are on the hunt be very careful as I just got hosed from both ends lol

Dude you ****. You have been nothing but a headache and to slam me before we have finished our whole transaction just shows me your not willing to communicate and work together.

I sent the speakers with signature required and I was sending a few items and insured all the rest and forgot to insure the Elates. They were left on your door, no signature. You told me they looked like they have been opened and one speaker was loose a little and you took it out and the voice coil is damaged. My first thought was he had a damaged Elate and swapped it and is stiffing me, but I kept away from those thoughts and went with other options.

I told you I want to do a FedEx claim because at first you said the box look tampered. You kept saying I will only get $100 and I am hearing another story from the FedEx store who I know very well. I told you if I get only $100 you can have that money and I will make sure you get your full amount back. Not good enough for you?

So then I said you can keep them as-is or I need you to a Paypal claim, we will state in Resolution center that I agree to give you full refund of $350 when you drop the speakers off to FedEx...

Now you come on here and am acting like i am screwing you? Even after you post bad (*^& about me I will still make this right. I had no intentions of all this happening but it happened. I have had very positive transactions and so have you... This is a bad deal were 2 good people can make the best out of it... Your turn.

You forgot to insure the one package that gets damaged huh?
I did... It was the cheapest item and I was talking to the FedEx and I spaced it but I am willing to refund him the money in a way that we both protect ourselves... He never told me he wanted it insured anyways...

I don't trust him after he goes and slams me on here unless he deletes this b.s. thread.

I did... It was the cheapest item and I was talking to the FedEx and I spaced it but I am willing to refund him the money in a way that we both protect ourselves... He never told me he wanted it insured anyways...
I don't trust him after he goes and slams me on here unless he deletes this b.s. thread.
most people on here assume that the seller will since its the sellers responsibility that it gets to the buyer in the listed condition

okay here we go with the bs now

1) you ship an item with NO insurance

2) you ship and EXPENSIVE item in its original box, clearing showing "morel elate on it..no wrapping paper, no double box

I no its a recession and cash is low, but come on have some love for the buyer...geez

3) you tell me AFTER its all said and done that "supposedly" fedex packed it all up not you

4) you DID not pay for signature conf

from the tracking number

http://www.fedex.com/Tracking?language=english&cntry_code=us&tracknumbers=536161461024308

Left at front door. Signature Service not requested.

5) Im a headache?? are you kidding me,

NOT once did I call you a name, speak ill of you, get foul, etc..heck not even in the thread have I called you anything bad

im just stating what happened

I asked for a) a discount, when that wasnt an option YOU offered me the mid you left over.. then amazingly it got sold right? then I asked if it was insured (remember me asking for a fax of all the shipping docs), you told me NO it was not insured by mistake okay im still cordial we all make mistakes, then I asked for a refund,, YOU told me NO, Ill file the claim for $100 and the clerk tells you that he/she can get fedex to cover the rest...hmm .

I CLEARLY wrote at rather long explanation at how fedex works, you dont pay for insurance they dont GIVE you value,

for some reason you dont believe me

6) who in the hell has "damaged" elates sitting around waiting around to trade out on a online sale dude lol, nice try man lol

7) I filed with paypal for protection. why would I let fedex take the items, issue YOU a damage claim for $100, send you a check, and now im supposed to trust that you would send me back all my cash

umm doubt it

so instead of coming in calling names, I post EXACTLY what I sent paypal, and EXACTLY what they said to me

YOU WON, sold me a dented set, and mailed them with no insurance and left it at that, you win some, you lose some

such is life

Ive mailed stuff that was broken, guess what I have always requested the item back, and PAID for the item in full and SHIPPING, and dealt with the claim later

thats called taking responsibility, what you are doing is calling me a hassle, and ultimately at least telling half truths,

LASTLY , since I figured I wasnt getting my cash back from paypal I opened the rest of the bubble wrap just now much to my chagrin

a) where is the tweeter mouting hardware, hmmmm didnt say that was missing,

b) how does one mount a tweeter that is screw mount with no mounting cups guess what YOU CANT

c) why does one tweeter look like it has been sitting in dirt, there is dust all over the diaphragm, the coating is sticky, there is NO WAY TO CLEAN IT

d) why would you CUT the stock tweeter wire to 1", now I have to solder, and hope i dont damage the internals of the tweeter since its so close, and heat itsnt so nice to fragile tweeter components

not I dont mind doing this on some 35 seas madisound tweeters, but on elates, maybe would have thought to tell me this

at least the passives are fine

and oh yeah no manual, no grilles, and no mounting plates LOVELY

and just in case some dont believe me

see that nice pretty voice coil, the bluish part, notice all of sudden there a huge bump..hmmmm how shipping damage even get a voice coil INSIDE the basket, that was wrapped in bubble wrap..if its not clear I have more pics lol

oh yeah I had another elate mid laying around right lol

IMG_6955.jpg

yes this is how the tweeter came, look at all that wire I have to play with lol, and gotta love dirt rings on the diaphragm that helps frequency response Ive heard lol

maybe I had these laying around also right?

IMG_6956.jpg

and heres tweeter #2, just as lovely, and im still trying to figure out on would mount such a tweeter with no cups lol

IMG_6958.jpg

Dude you ****. You have been nothing but a headache and to slam me before we have finished our whole transaction just shows me your not willing to communicate and work together.
I sent the speakers with signature required and I was sending a few items and insured all the rest and forgot to insure the Elates. They were left on your door, no signature. You told me they looked like they have been opened and one speaker was loose a little and you took it out and the voice coil is damaged. My first thought was he had a damaged Elate and swapped it and is stiffing me, but I kept away from those thoughts and went with other options.

I told you I want to do a FedEx claim because at first you said the box look tampered. You kept saying I will only get $100 and I am hearing another story from the FedEx store who I know very well. I told you if I get only $100 you can have that money and I will make sure you get your full amount back. Not good enough for you?

So then I said you can keep them as-is or I need you to a Paypal claim, we will state in Resolution center that I agree to give you full refund of $350 when you drop the speakers off to FedEx...

Now you come on here and am acting like i am screwing you? Even after you post bad (*^& about me I will still make this right. I had no intentions of all this happening but it happened. I have had very positive transactions and so have you... This is a bad deal were 2 good people can make the best out of it... Your turn.

lol man, no need to trust me ??? thats funny

, I even told you if I cant get it back from paypal, I know im screwed

but dont expect me not to at least tell my side of the story right? what im not supposed to leave feedback, im not supposed to take pictures lol

we all make mistakes man, especially with used equipment, but own up to it, and make it right

if you not keep doing what you are doing, hey at least you got paid right, we both if nothing else are still living happy lives. im sure

its just car audio bro

I don't see how someone can forget to buy insurance. They offer it up like it's an upsize at McDonald's. I'm not sure of how the damage came to be but this whole deal sounds shady. When I sell something I know I'm lazy as **** so I have my wife clean everything up and my mom picks it up to ship it. That way I know it's in selling condition and I don't have an option to skimp on the shipping details. He trusted you to send him the items after he gave you $350. You screwed up. Refund his money and let him send it back. It's a 2-way street.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

newtitan

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
newtitan
CALI
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies