Skar Audio 1000 Watt RMS "DDX Series" Subwoofer Line Information & Prototype Testing

Participant count
  • Participant list
Status
Not open for further replies.

SkarAudio
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Florida
So we have been very busy here at Skar Audio working on a lot of new product lines, and I have one more to announce tonight =). We took a step back and looked at our subwoofer line up, and while we do feel like we offer woofers in all price ranges, I was getting a lot of emails for a woofer line more orientated around 1000 Watts RMS that was priced in-between the VVX and ZVX lines (600 Watts and 1500 Watts RMS Respectively)....

That being said, we will be launching a new 1000 Watt RMS Subwoofer line early next year known as the "DDX Series"

The DDX Series feature a competition grade high temperature 2.5" Pure Copper voice coil and a powerful dual slug (190mmx25mm) ferrite motor that allows the woofer to maintain its RMS Rating with ease. This new line from Skar Audio will set a new standard in what to expect from a woofer of this caliber that can be bought at a reasonable price, while still retaining very high quality.

Pricing coming soon as well as a more solid ETA, but right now we are planning for Mid-Feb.

Technical Specifications

DDX Series

RMS Power : 1000 Watts

Max Power : 2000 Watts

Sizes Available : 10" / 12" / 15"

Coil Configurations : D2 & D4

*T/S Parameters (D2 Coil)

Re : 3.8 Ohms

Fs : 45.1 Hz

Qms : 6.227

Qes : 0.559

Qts : 0.513

SPL : 84.4 dB

Mms : 297 gr

VAS : 49.27 L

Bl : 23.95

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

7.JPG

8.JPG

Hay cool you got a sa-15 basket.
and surround and few other thing good job good luck with your skardown sales.
You do realize that basket is a pretty common design. Funny you would make the Skar to Sundown association when you run Obsidian. Who do you think is one of the primary designers of Obsidian?

While I don't care for his past dealings, it has been noted numerous times by Jacob himself that sundown is in no way affiliated with Skar. How many possible designs do you think there can be for a sub and it's parts?

You do realize that basket is a pretty common design. Funny you would make the Skar to Sundown association when you run Obsidian. Who do you think is one of the primary designers of Obsidian?
While I don't care for his past dealings, it has been noted numerous times by Jacob himself that sundown is in no way affiliated with Skar. How many possible designs do you think there can be for a sub and it's parts?
ik, and it a joke so calm yo self.

that came out wrong i just wish that they looked more different i like the prices but i just think (in my opinion) that they need to be more unique.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

SkarAudio

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
SkarAudio
Florida
Start date