Southwest Region single cab sound systems

AZ,CA,NM,NV,UT
    Participant count
  • Participants list

muddyrce

i have a 1986 ford single cab f250. i have two 6.5 pioneers speakers and ts-x200 pioneer three ways in the back it sounds decent but it doesnt have good bass and tweeters id like get a sub and good tweeters and id like to get rid of the trashy 3 ways and get good mid range speakers and build a box any suggestions? keep in mind im a college student making minimum wage.

i'll let them talk to u about mids but on sub do u have amp to power or or u need that too? do want lot of bass or just good bass that can keep up with music?, if so u can get 4 channel amp power front speakers with 2 channel and bridge rear 2 to the sub.. if u just want bass then it really depends how much u wanta spend on mono amp and if u want 2 subs or 1 if u want easiest and cheapest that will mean sealed truck box so u have to find subs good in sealed box that aren't very deep..

I've had some single cab setups. On the sub you are limited on space in a reg cab. If you are wanting more bass instead of shallow subs you can make an enclosure that goes in the middle seat portion and fit a nice sub with larger mounting depth requirements.

i have a kole amp i dont know anything about it i got it for 20 bucks used ill post the information i have

# of Channels 2 (Stereo)

Max Power (Watts) 980

RMS Power (Watts Per Channel) 280 x 2 @ 2

Car Amplifier Features Highpass Filter, Bridgeable, Crossover, Lowpass Filter

I/O Interfaces RCA, Preamp

Speaker Connection Gold-Plated

Is there any unused space under the seat... if so how much (vertical) at front of seat do you have?.. idk... ive seen some underseat boxes work ok with small drivers before

i have a bench seat so the middle section is taken up but thank you
like shredder said lots of peeps doing 2-4 6.5" or 8" subs under seats in trucks he designed some boxes.. if that amp will do 280 per sub just have to get efficient or 1 10-12 for behind the seat.

Easy dual 8 or 10 ported box should be able to fit... the shallows nowadays are affordable as heck compared to before.... and 250-400 watts goes a long way if its done correctly... there IS some room behind the seat isn't there?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.