Single 15 louder than 2 12s

X2 on the massive,never used or heard one,but from what I have heard from people its and sure choice,aswell have the aq sd2.5 and the kiker k7 never fail,also u maybe able to find a w6 for that price

W6 isn't even 15" lol

I want some quality there too, not just a bunch of noise in the trunk. From the kicker's I've heard, they were more on the SPL side than anything. I listen to all types of music so I don't want only SPL or only SQ. Isn't that what everyone wants, an SQL driver?

LOTS of 15's are pretty loud...

Take your pick of subs... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif my 15" Bhrama ported @ 35 was louder than my 3 12" W6's sealed.

How about an RE SX?

That one is within my power range, I don't know about price though. I've heard good things about them.

Thanks for all the help. I've just never heard any of these subs. Pretty much the only thing I can hear around here is rockford or alpine.

How about an RE SX?That one is within my power range, I don't know about price though. I've heard good things about them.

Thanks for all the help. I've just never heard any of these subs. Pretty much the only thing I can hear around here is rockford or alpine.
Call RE and get a price, be prepared for sticker shock.

The CW's are pretty close to the SX's in design and cheaper in price. Plus you can recone a CW a hell of a lot easier than an SX. But dont take our advice //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

A Kicker Comp VX is around 200 or so on eBay. Take a look at the results the 12 put up on the great 12 challenge.....played similarly to the Fi Q 12, regarding dB levels at given frequencies.

I am contemplating a single 12 right now and it is one of my choices....

did you mention if the assassins were sealed or ported? and if so, what freq?

the assassins have a respectable specs and with 900 watts i'm not sure what "15 would be louder than those 2 12's.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Well before I spent the cash on two Orion P series 10" subwoofers I drove around broke , no cash but lots of wants. i didnt have anything to do so I went to about 6 different audio shops here in san antonio you can look them up if you ever wish " Custom Sounds" "California Customs" "Electronics 2000" "BAD BOY AUDIO - heat wave competitors" and "CAR TUNES".

I listened to numerous ported systems at Custom Sounds, I heard a pair of Type R's (all of these which were in sound rooms, and not in a vehicle).

Mind you I was broke //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif so I was jamming these things out because I knew I had money coming soon. I wasnt pleased with many of these subs I heard, the JL W7 12" was impressive , but look how much it fkn cost ! To make a long story short , the most loudest subwoofers I heard that day that stuck in my head , convinced my cousin and his brother my other cousin of what sounded the best that was actually affordible but had us talking about them all day long , were a pair of Orion C series 12" subwoofers (ONLY BECAUSE THE COST) and OMG they were not only so loud in the store you couldnt hear one another talk over them , they MOVED STUFF causing a whole amplifier box containing two polk audio subs to litterly rattle itself off the subwoofer box it was sitting on top of. THey amazed us , so we then heard the 15" P series Orion in a sealed box. That thing just freegin got so loud they wouldnt let us play with it, it kept knocking off RCA component kits they were selling off of the walls and bouncing the door shut that contained the sound room. IT WAS JUST AMAZING MAN ... So I went with 2 P series 10" Orions to be a little more cone area than one 15" . I didnt buy them at that audio shop because they wanted like 200$ for each subwoofer , so I got them from a friend who has a small town window tint shop and hooked me up from a dealer friend of his for the pair of Orion P series 10" subwoofers for about 125$ . ON EBAY you can get a pair for about 150$ or a single 15" for problably less. These are the new ones that people dont like because they are no longer owned by Orion, but personally if you were there with us that day I bet you would be buying one too //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

did you mention if the assassins were sealed or ported? and if so, what freq?
the assassins have a respectable specs and with 900 watts i'm not sure what "15 would be louder than those 2 12's.
Oops, they're in a 3.4 cf ported box at 32 hz. I tried to get as close to the recommended specs as I could, but I ran out of trunk space. Firebirds don't have much room for boxes :p

I was just curious about the RE SX because there might be a group buy on RoE and if the price was right it would be an option.

The Massive does look really nice. Right now its at the top of my list //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

And that CVX did look nice too, but I was told on ECA that it wasn't much better than their CompVR series.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.