Single 12 for my Amp

unclehulka13

I drive my car like twice a week due to a company vehicle so I'm looking for a sub to pair up with my Amp for a little added noise.

I have an Alpine MRD-M1000 running at 2ohm to an Alpine Type-X, and it sounded great until i tore the surround from the cone. I'd like to go a bit louder, and something that will handle it longer than the year i had it.

I was thinking of a Solobaric l7 12 D4, but it says 750rms, and i dunno if that'll hold 1000 all day. I don't wanna have to buy another sub for a couple years.

Any advice is appreciated. I don't want to spend crazy seeing as it's infrequently driven.

The solobaric is 240 shipped, so lets stay around there.

That FI looks nice, I read a few reviews. Will my amp run 1.4 ohms is the real question. I know it'll run 2.8, but it seems I'd lose quite a bit of power.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.