Singer ~vs~ Team GP Alternators

Here is what Mike sent me.

The upgraded unit that I offer for your vehicle is a hairpin style 200A (210A peak/150+A idle)( (ideal for around up to 2-3K RMS daily).

GP just states they have a 200a. Guess I'm looking for the idle amperage hoping this is not a ebay type of alt. I never heard of this company before.

At that price. It's either cheap parts inside or a conventional style alt either way. You'll either get less at idle or. Not so long lasting Id think

I would and always will pay the extra for singer. The CS, the quality, and warranty cant be beat. The extra 80 will be most justified when the alt gets there and you have a problem. Mike will go above and beyond to square it, not saying gp wont. If im not mistaken though the gp alts are rebadged mechman alts, and owning a mechman alt im not as impressed as i was with my singer.

I was hesitant to spend almost $600 for my 275A Singer alt, but **** I am glad I did. Came in well underrated and bypassed the default ECU to charge at 14.2+ volts all the time, not to mention almost 200A at idle. Customer service is second to no one as well. Money well spent.

I was hesitant to spend almost $600 for my 275A Singer alt, but **** I am glad I did. Came in well underrated and bypassed the default ECU to charge at 14.2+ volts all the time, not to mention almost 200A at idle. Customer service is second to no one as well. Money well spent.
Who did you go thru to get your singer for $600? I got a 320 recently and I don't think I paid $600. Might make a difference on model and stuff though.

I would and always will pay the extra for singer. The CS, the quality, and warranty cant be beat. The extra 80 will be most justified when the alt gets there and you have a problem. Mike will go above and beyond to square it, not saying gp wont. I am mistaken about the gp alts being rebadged mechman alts, so i will make some stuff up about owning a mechman alt and not being as impressed as i was with my singer.
Crazy rumors there. Your post was the first I ever heard of such accusations. Figured I'd fix a couple points for you. Also, I will add that with any alt manufacturer you get what you pay for. If you want to be a cheap bastard and contact alt company A then you will likely get their factory replacement option with an added couple extra amps of power then when you go whining to alt company B about it they actually offer you something for more money and you get their superior product and it works great. Now, if you would have spent the extra money to begin with you would of likely had the same experience to begin with. No alternator can handle your Boss 10k, i've checked already.

[quote name='nadcicle']Crazy rumors there. Your post was the first I ever heard of such accusations. Figured I'd fix a couple points for you. Also, I will add that with any alt manufacturer you get what you pay for. If you want to be a cheap bastard and contact alt company A then you will likely get their factory replacement option with an added couple extra amps of power then when you go whining to alt company B about it they actually offer you something for more money and you get their superior product and it works great. Now, if you would have spent the extra money to begin with you would of likely had the same experience to begin with. No alternator can handle your Boss 10k, i've checked already.[/QUOTE]

Well first off dip $hit i have owned both. Mechman cs is ******** pushed all blame on me after multiple unanswered calls and emails. 3 weeks later finally get a email blaming me for my problems. Mike on the other hand stayed in contact thru the whole process and answered calls and emails within a day. I traded my singer alt off and upon arriving to the end user the regulator had got damaged. The alt was out of the free replacement parts warranty, but what did he do he sent @mylows10 ; the regulator for free. Mechman will never fawking do that. Probably wont hear from him for 2 months; only for him to blame it on you and refuse to do anything. My singer 250a large case 6g hairpin alt with 3 g31 duralasts ran my aq3500.1 at .5 all day without dropping below 13.5v. Now my mechman 240a and 2 g31 duralast platnuims can barely hold my voltage above 13 on some songs running my ia20.1 at 1 ohm. So yes i do know that singer is better. I was under the assumption that gp alts were mechman because pricing is dead on what mechman charges. As well as the fact that mechman has been known to produce alts for other companies. Get the **** off my nuts bro and go talk to your b!tch like that.

the mechman customer service is what turned me off the most... couldn't even get a response to my email after waiting a week. Heard from multiple people that they'll argue about a bad alternator. Knew a guy who spent 8+ hours troubleshooting the **** alternator and it ended up being a bad diode that they fought with him over a month for. it's just bad business IMO

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

sciontistbb

10+ year member
sciontistbb
In the garage
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from