RCA plug has a short - can it be repaired?

Participant count
  • Participant list

mrpep

CarAudio.com Elite
chicago
so I bust my *** for 2 days and finally get it installed then I learn that one of the RCA plugs has a short. When you move the wire sounds cut in and out. I don't want to rip everything back out so am considering repairing. Can it be repaired ? Can the Plug be replaced?

It's the jack that plugs into the amp. It's the actual male RCA jack not the amp input. I know that replacing is ideal but I'm looking for a second option. This is a conversion van, I had to take the walls apart, don't want to do this again.

did you try squeezing the outer fins inward slightly, i mean like does it slip on the amp input to easy, you could buy new ends and cut the old off and solder new ones on,

its a tight fit, its the wire that goes into the jack that is loose so the slightest move will cut music in or out. I will be attempting to repair it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.