Simple Question

solidcrowd
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
I have the 6900UD and it's rated 22 X 4, i have no rear fill so i didn't connect the wires from the headunit to the harness. Now does this mean my frontstage is getting 44 X 2?? Also, when i get an amp for my frontstage that lets say puts out 45 X 2 would my speakers be getting 89 watts a piece?? Thankz in advance.

22 x 4 means, it will get 22 peak watts on each channel (there are 4). so each of your four speakers will get 22 max watts, which they will never see.
Well the it states in the manual that the max is 50W X 4 and the continous power is 22W X 4. But im only running two speakers

You can't use your deck's amp and an external amp to power your speakers.

You can't bridge the deck's amp to run one set of speakers.

Your deck will put out 22rmsx4 (probably rated max around 50x4), and your 2-channel amp supposedly puts out 45rmsx2 @ 4ohms? Obviously, use the external amp for the fronts, and if you NEED rearfill, which i'd imagine you will unless you have a decent install with nice comps, use the rear 2 channels on your deck's amp for the rears.

Well the it states in the manual that the max is 50W X 4 and the continous power is 22W X 4. But im only running two speakers
Like i said, you will only be utilizing 2 channels on your deck's amp, therefor you will not be using the power of the remaining 2 channels, THEREFOR you will not "double" your power.

Hi i probably have no idea what i'm talking about, but I saw this thread and was also wodering the same question. i'm not using rear speakers (at the moment) and have a head unit which says 50W peak (~18w rms) x 4, if this will not translate into ~36W x 2, can I physically connect the front speakers to both the front and rear speker output of the headunit for that side i.e. right or left. Will this get ~36W x 2? Thanks in advance.

Hi i probably have no idea what i'm talking about, but I saw this thread and was also wodering the same question. i'm not using rear speakers (at the moment) and have a head unit which says 50W peak (~18w rms) x 4, if this will not translate into ~36W x 2, can I physically connect the front speakers to both the front and rear speker output of the headunit for that side i.e. right or left. Will this get ~36W x 2? Thanks in advance.
I think the word "no" has been used for this exact question a few times already in this thread.

HU's amplifier's are not stable down to 2 ohms.

Quote:Originally Posted by bertup

I think the word "no" has been used for this exact question a few times already in this thread.

HU's amplifier's are not stable down to 2 ohms.
Ok, I see the reason now. What if I managed to find two rare 8 ohm speakers, and wired them up to two channels each from the head unit. Will this result in the optimun load of 4 ohm from the head unit but each speaker is getting twice the current and thus twice the wattage. Will the arise in any other implications? Thanks again!

Well, you will obviously loose the Fade setting...Honestly, that is not the smartest idea...you are better off staying with what you have, and grabbin' a quick 4-channel amp/ 8 gauge amp/signal kit and calling it a day. HU amplifiers are not anything special...they don't put out much power, and they will clip/distort quickly. You can have a very nice HU with a clean signal, and **** it up with distortion from the internal amp. Even though the HU is the main source of your system, it's amplifier is NOT. I see what you are saying, trying to utilize it's potential, but the thing is, it has NONE. Technically, i suppose you could do that, but it would be a complete waste of time. Like i said, grab an external amplifer, whether it's a cheap 2-channel, or a decent 4-channel, this is how you will notice the best inprovement in your case. Search a bit, you can find many different amps/wiring kits that are very cheap with decent quality. Sounds to me like you want the "bang for your buck" stuff, you can definately do this much more efficiently without wasting time on your deck's amp. ~$100 could probably get you a decent small amp, and install kit for ya. Search around a bit to see what roads you can take, but i'll tell you right off the bat that the one you're curious about is a complete dead-end 100ft ahead.

Thanks for the replies, I think you're right and I might just go and get a external amp. Will save a lot of time and effort and will allow me to further upgrade in the future.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.