shutdown/overheating

Participant count
  • Participant list
if anything that would probably prevent your amp from getting enough power, therefore, causing it to not have a chance to overheat. what amp and subs do you have (brand, model, specs) and how do you have it wired up?

i could not find the specs on the PG amp but the subs ohm rating is 3.1ohms. if you are bridging the amp into that load of 3.1ohms it is seeing about a 1.55ohm load. your amp is probably not bridgable into that ohm load. most are only bridgable into a 4 ohm load. check your specs on the amp and make sure your gain is not set to high.

i believe the amp is 4-ohm bridged. do I have this wired up wrong? and is the gain the sensitivity dial on the amp? I have one nob that is "bass" and one that is "sens" that what youre talking about?

I know the wiring is a problem, but I might upgrade and add another amp in the future and just use the PG for components. so when I do the upgrade Ill run 1/0 guage...

thanks for the help guys.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.