show me some 170+ db vehicles

JoeGibs
10+ year member

So I ran into a guy I knew from high school, and knowing that he used to be into stereos back in the day, we started talking about it. He told me about a stereo he had built in his silverado, and claimed it did 175. I smiled and said nice, but was calling complete ********. show me some vehicles that put up a legit 175db, so i know my ******** call was a good call

wow, 175? isnt 180 or so the world record?
yep but the difference between 175 and 180 is freaking HUGE!

I would want to hear what he had in his truck, including all the sheit that you can't see, as he would have to have one serious battery bank, alt system, wire count... And if he what doing 175 there must be some video on the web, as I don't know of to may street trucks that are anywhere close to that #

if he was able to drive his truck around then no it is not possible,,i doubt very much if cook can drive his van around town.175 Db requires the car to be extream class

yea, **** right it is...i dont know the math, but isnt it double the power for a gain of 2-3db or something? so if it doubles to 177.5 and doubles again to 180.....whats it take to hit 175? 15,000watts?...double to 30,000 double to 60,000?...the higher up you go, it gets extreme....and i dont even want to think about electrical to do 180

yea, **** right it is...i dont know the math, but isnt it double the power for a gain of 2-3db or something? so if it doubles to 177.5 and doubles again to 180.....whats it take to hit 175? 15,000watts?...double to 30,000 double to 60,000?...the higher up you go, it gets extreme....and i dont even want to think about electrical to do 180

Shuttle.jpg

if he was able to drive his truck around then no it is not possible,,i doubt very much if cook can drive his van around town.175 Db requires the car to be extream class
It was "driveable" but not streetable. It has fixed suspension because of the battery weight and concrete sound barrier. The van runs and drives under it's own power, but the weight, rough ride and way under-powered engine limits it severely. I moved it around when it was at the paint shop and would never attempt to pull it out into traffic.

It was at SS Record holder with 172 and some change.

Virgil Williams local guy that owns a shop has a tanker that does ~171 with one 18" eclipse ti pro and 30kwatts

something in the local newspaper about him lol

"Williams’ silver mullet, long beard and mustache all are blown forward in unison with the bass line of a rap song — with the stereo only at a quarter strength. Williams, 53, regularly enters contests for loudest car stereos, and he claims to own the world record for the loudest single-woofer car in the world (an 18-inch woofer that hit 170.3 dB, louder than most rock concerts)."

(this is him but not the tanker this is another of his cars 154+db)

kqreac-loudcars02.jpg

he doesnt get many pics out so im still looking for one of his tanker its a 80s vw rabbit that weighs 10,000 pounds or so

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

JoeGibs

10+ year member
JoeGibs
Minnesota
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from