Shockwave Customs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Do_
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Here
Has anyone ever been here? It's on the corner of Route 30 and La Grange Rd. (Route 45) in Mokena IL. I just stopped in there today and that store is packed to the brim with Cadence Audio. There are very few non cadence things for sale there lol. Anyhow I was wondering if anyone has been there or has any info about them. I think they do installs to. I was also kind of thinking of trying to apply for a job there lol... They are the only car shop around me.

Has anyone ever been here? It's on the corner of Route 30 and La Grange Rd. (Route 45) in Mokena IL. I just stopped in there today and that store is packed to the brim with Cadence Audio. There are very few non cadence things for sale there lol. Anyhow I was wondering if anyone has been there or has any info about them. I think they do installs to. I was also kind of thinking of trying to apply for a job there lol... They are the only car shop around me.
I didn't even know they were there--must be new (within the last few years) as my parent's live about a mile from there and I used to drive through there every day for work. I will stop by this week and check them out if I have time... What corner are they on? BP? Italian place? Jewel? I hate that intersection because all the people in their SUVs think they can just drive over my car...

They are on the BP side. Coming down Route 30 towards La Grange you will go through the intersection, past the gas station on your right, then it is in the strip mall with Master Auto Parts and Frankfort TV or whatever. It's a weird little store. About 4 ft wide and 30 ft long lol. They also have an upstairs which is like an apartment filled with Cadence stuff.

shop sux and all the shockwave guys think they are loud. that whole team is juss pathetic. i'd stay away from them honestly. owner is douche and loves to cheat and lie when he looses. now would u want to be around someone like that? if u guys come 2 steak n shake this yr, u guys will see wha im talkin bout

yes we have some very loud cheater ports //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif they sux at car audio thats all i have to say, they need to find a new hobby.

****... a shop so close to my house and it's no good. I did notice that place was just littered with trophies lining like every wall. They must be really brag-tastic or something. Are there any other good shops in this area? Maybe Matteson? I really never go into Joliet. Also possibly in Orland? I would think a car shop around here could make a killing selling to all the rich high school kids who port boxes by cutting a hole in it. Or think that higher ohms = more power.

They are as*holes, avoid at all costs

All they do is talk **** and act like they are the best in the world, but whenever they go to local shows we beat the piss out of them.

They praise cadence like they are the end-all, be-all of stereo equipment, and anything else is crap. The owner is a complete douchebag and i'd love the pleasure of decking that guy in the face one day.

Shockwave customs, kiss my ass. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

They are as*holes, avoid at all costs
All they do is talk **** and act like they are the best in the world, but whenever they go to local shows we beat the piss out of them.

They praise cadence like they are the end-all, be-all of stereo equipment, and anything else if crap. The owner is a complete douchebag and i'd love the pleasure of decking that guy in the face one day.

Shockwave customs, kiss my ass. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Very well put! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

****... a shop so close to my house and it's no good. I did notice that place was just littered with trophies lining like every wall. They must be really brag-tastic or something. Are there any other good shops in this area? Maybe Matteson? I really never go into Joliet. Also possibly in Orland? I would think a car shop around here could make a killing selling to all the rich high school kids who port boxes by cutting a hole in it. Or think that higher ohms = more power.
It depends on the money you want to spend.

Music in Motion does good work, but at a very hefty price. There are also a few shops littered around the burbs (one by river oaks mall, some in indiana).

lol good ol shockwave, the one in orland is worthless, WAY overpriced and is in a bad location, we have a few shockwave members in near my town and they are prickss, always bumpin their cadence, their are a few shops out here in NW indiana, their is accutek in Merrillville and some other one in Gary. lol the one in gary is run by a guy who doesn't speak good english, and accutek is run by old guys who don't know wha they are talkin about.

So there really aren't any good shops in the area? Major bummer... The guy I was talking to inside Shockwave kept saying are you SURE your "SX" can take 1200w rms? And I was like Yes I am sure lol... I was also looking around for designs on 18" boxes of which they had none. They said they could order one special from their builder and that it would have to be built into my trunk so I didn't get any ideas... I am gonna build it myself anyhow but I wanted to see what they had in the way of design.

There is another shop in Blue Island over on Western Ave. but they are over priced and probably have less knowledge then the idiots over at shockwave.

lol yeah, i just hate shockwave more cuz one of their idiot members drive down my street at 1 am blasting their system like he has something... dumb kids...

So there really aren't any good shops in the area? Major bummer... The guy I was talking to inside Shockwave kept saying are you SURE your "SX" can take 1200w rms? And I was like Yes I am sure lol... I was also looking around for designs on 18" boxes of which they had none. They said they could order one special from their builder and that it would have to be built into my trunk so I didn't get any ideas... I am gonna build it myself anyhow but I wanted to see what they had in the way of design.
Like i said, they doubt any sub that isn't cadence, and run their mouths constantly.

We beat the crap out of them on the meter, then they retaliate by saying their setup sounds better!!! WTF!!

Anyways, if you want to get a feel for how big of a douchebag the owner and his fanboys are, they are usually up at steak and shake in tinley park (159th and harlem) during the summer for the cruise nights.

God i hate those asshats.

Oh, and for whoever left me negative feedback for telling this kid that shockwave is full of ********, go f*ck yourself.

I laugh everytime i see a car with a Shockwave sticker in the window //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

Do_

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
Do_
Here
Start date
Participants