Shipped Damaged ED K 12...HELP

///M3bumping
10+ year member

After being completely excited over the fact my two Elemental Design K 12's arrived today, I was just as easily dissappointed by the fact that one of the sub woofers cone appears to be damaged. The bubble on which the Elemental Designs (E) Logo is on, has about a 1.5 inch circular dent in it. There are no cuts, simply the dent. What should i do, send it back, attempt to pull the dent out? Will a dent like this if pulled out affect my sub in any way?

It will probably pop out on it's own when you start running it..

I don't think you can send it back for that, chances are it's a shipping issue.. you might see what the shipping company will do bout it.. but I'd first see if it pops out on it's own..

First though, call or email Elemental and let them know your issue, they might have an easy fix.. and I really don't think you want to hot glue on it.. it won't come off and might throw off the cone's balance..

if you take some needle nose pliers and bend the very end of a pin to a 90 degree angle and stick that in, it will grab enough of the material to pull it out, a friend did this with his dust cap and it worked perfectly, and the hole was too small to change the seal the sub makes with the box.

again, I'd not do ANYTHING that might hurt the woofer until you talk to the guys at Elemental (that Ben?).. if you do, you will most definately ruin your warrenty..

just my take..

all woofers are checked and verified to be perfect in condition before shipping.. anything that happens to the driver from ben's place.. to yours, will have to be taken up with the shipper (ups)

It will have zero affect on the woofer... use a pencil or something long and narrow to go through the pole.. and pop it out..

Loyd L.

Originally posted by bigbassman all woofers are checked and verified to be perfect in condition before shipping.. anything that happens to the driver from ben's place.. to yours, will have to be taken up with the shipper (ups)

It will have zero affect on the woofer... use a pencil or something long and narrow to go through the pole.. and pop it out..

Loyd L.
Now there is some advice I can agree with //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Just make sure it's not too sharp.. don't want to rupture the cap..

Originally posted by Savant again, I'd not do ANYTHING that might hurt the woofer until you talk to the guys at Elemental (that Ben?).. if you do, you will most definately ruin your warrenty..

just my take..
Well, i guess ill be waiting. It feels pretty well dented, and might actually take some pretty good pull to pull out.

Originally posted by ///M3bumping Well, i guess ill be waiting. It feels pretty well dented, and might actually take some pretty good pull to pull out.
Note Loyd's post.. I get the feeling that he knows Ben (the owner of Elemental?).. And if he says there is a clear line from the mag to the dust cap, there probably is.. and GENTLY pushing something thin (and blunt) up there may just fix it..

EDIT: note, if you feel you are pressing 'hard' and it's not comming out? talk to the Elemental guys.. they might have UPS replace it.. but, I'm guessing a gentle nudge from inside will fix it..

Originally posted by Savant Note Loyd's post.. I get the feeling that he knows Ben (the owner of Elemental?).. And if he says there is a clear line from the mag to the dust cap, there probably is.. and GENTLY pushing something thin (and blunt) up there may just fix it..

EDIT: note, if you feel you are pressing 'hard' and it's not comming out? talk to the Elemental guys.. they might have UPS replace it.. but, I'm guessing a gentle nudge from inside will fix it..
it will come out... doesn't matter how dented.. it will pop back out.. may end up with some wrinkles though.. depends on the dent..

and yeah.. I kinda sorta know Ben.. and kinda sorta know the K series. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Loyd L.

Originally posted by bigbassman it will come out... doesn't matter how dented.. it will pop back out.. may end up with some wrinkles though.. depends on the dent..

and yeah.. I kinda sorta know Ben.. and kinda sorta know the K series. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Loyd L.
Thanks alot, i pushed it back out with the eraser end of a pencil. Looks like it will turn out alright. While were on the subject, what kind of box should i put these 2 subs in for maximum performance in my BMW M3

Originally posted by ///M3bumping Thanks alot, i pushed it back out with the eraser end of a pencil. Looks like it will turn out alright. While were on the subject, what kind of box should i put these 2 subs in for maximum performance in my BMW M3
///M3, do you go on pbnation too? Just wondering. I'd check out a custom box, that seems what everyone says to do now. btw, m3's are one of my favorite cars.

later

Originally posted by bigbassman it will come out... doesn't matter how dented.. it will pop back out.. may end up with some wrinkles though.. depends on the dent..

Loyd L.
smart ass. yeah that ***** about the dust cap but just do what they all say. and for a box what are dimensions of your car??

adam

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.