Senior VIP member needed fast. Settin up new system and other opinons r needed too

Snapnakk
10+ year member

MN
Hi, i am buildin a new system in my 98 grand cherokee. I want to do it right this time so i do have to keep upgrade 20 times. I am goin to build it lil by lil and it will always be growin but i have to start somewhere, so here we go.

First or all for the deck;

Alpine CDA7875 or PIONNER PREMIER DEH-P740MP

i need 6 3/4 speakers for it which i found arent the easiest to find but these are the ones i am pickin from so far.

Infinity Kappa 652.3i with crossover

Rockford Fosgate FNX2614 components with crossover

but i was wondering if i could put 6 1/2's in instead

and for the subs

i was think either 3 10's or 2 12's

MTX T610X3 6000's 150-750w rms (all 3)

(2) 12in AUDIOBAHN AW1200X 700w rms each

I like to listen to rap with a lot of bass, but i also want to have decent sound and i will be usin jbl bd1200.1 on the triple and one on each of the audiobahnsor thats kinda what im thinkin to give you an idea.

PLease help i want to know what you all think and what you would do.

thanks loads

later

i'm not the best on giving advice on which particular model to buy (try zane or ramos) but can give you some pretty good general advice...

for the head unit, i have little experience with alpine but heard good things about them, but used to have a pioneer HU and loved it - pioneer has a lot user adjustable controls.

you should have no problem putting 6.5" speakers in the locations. i would suggest you go with a component set.

if you are gonna get 3 mtx 10's - stay away from the 6000's and get the 8000's instead!

i think if you go with 3 10's you will fair better in SPL and SQ than with the 2 12's, depending on how you wire them, which amp(s) you use, and the box they are in. i would suggest a sealed box (for SQ) with an amp(s) with alot of power for more SPL.

your statement about amps confused me... what are you planning on getting, one or two?

i will put one on the triple box

or i will put one on each of the audiobahns (2 in total for the audiobahns)

they need a lot more power and what is wrong with the 6000 and how much better are the 8000's

thanks for the reply.

the 8000(400w RMS) is a better series than the 6000(250w RMS). will be able to play longer, louder, and harder. a picture is worth a thousand words:

just a comment on how you don't wanna upgrade 20 times and you wanna do it right..

i'm fairly new to this stuff.. i've had my system for over a year.. and i can say that.. probably less than 3 months later i wanted a new system.. when you got your friends getting new better systems and new gear coming out.. i wanna just keep upgrading.. so yeah do it right now.. but i know in a year or 2 or 3 or something.. you'll change up again ; ) .. but what do i know PEacE and yeah dude get the 8000 series

Am I reading your post right? You want to get 3-10's preferrably MTX, and 2-12" Audiobahns? If that is what you meant, I would not reccomend mixing sub brand names. Each company has it's own technique, which makes it different from other companys. Anyway my point is they won't compliment each other very well, as opposed to going with 3-10" and 2-12" audiobahns, or 3-10" and 2-12" MTX's. Anyhow I see nothing wrong with the 6000, yeah the 8000's are better, but the 6000's are capable of giving you some serious jams also.

Originally posted by Phatillusion Am I reading your post right? You want to get 3-10's preferrably MTX, and 2-12" Audiobahns? If that is what you meant, I would not reccomend mixing sub brand names. Each company has it's own technique, which makes it different from other companys. Anyway my point is they won't compliment each other very well, as opposed to going with 3-10" and 2-12" audiobahns, or 3-10" and 2-12" MTX's.
he meant that he's deciding on getting either the 3 10's OR the 2 12's, but not both.

dood go to http://www.adireaudio.com/car_audio/subwoofers/shiva.htm and just get a pair of shivas and thank me later. you dont want to spend alot (by choices i see you are selecting from) and you dont want crap....right? you want it to sound good but you want it to bump to right? biggest you will go is a 12" and in this range the shivas would own the mtx 6000 and sound better than the audiobahns..........................

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Snapnakk

10+ year member
Snapnakk
MN
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from