semi-worklog (Fiberglass Rear Fill Panel) *pics*

kpozr2
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Well i've been talking about doing this for a while and finally bought some speakers and took the panel out of my truck (2000 s10 ext cab) under the rear window and am going to fiberglass so rear highs in back there. heres what it is like so far, no glass laid but just a layout of what to come.

ee919d48.jpg

i am running them off of the door speakers ( both 4ohm speakers so followed kickers instructions and wired them down to a final 2 ohm load since i am amp-less)

ee8e231f.jpg

ee8e2271.jpg

got the wire to the back of the cab, now to remove that gray panel above the box.

ee8e2235.jpg

ee8450ad.jpg

ee845046.jpg

ee84506c.jpg

ee845014.jpg

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

i want it to look something like this, except the speakers beside one another instead of ontop of each other.

716379_71.jpg

thats all for now...

i dont have an amp to power them, so im not sure what you mean by the other 2 channels? is there another channel i shoudl know about. i just have RCAs to the kx1200.1 i have them wired with the doors and are considered "rear" on my h.u.. the others go to the dash and are considered "front"

Your headunit should have 4 leads coming off for 4 speakers. A positive and a negative for each, each speaker should be wired to its own lead, giving a 4 ohm load to the headunit. I hope you dont have the two speakers wired together and then going to the headunit in some crazy way.........

Yeah you just wired them down to a 2ohm load on your headunit, probably not a good thing there I would becareful before you blow the internal amp in the headunit.

for real??? it says it will make it "easier" on the h.u. by lower the impedence. ahh good thing they arent hooked up yet. it actually says this

." The Kicker DS-Series Coax Speakers are rated at four ohms and work with any source unit or amplifier designed to operate at a four ohm load. If you want to use two DS-Series Coax Speakers on each channel of your source unit or amplifier wire the speakers in series, as shown below. This will improve the sound quality, lower the total harmonic distortion and lessen the thermal load at the source unit or amplifier. This may prevent an amplifier from shutting down, due to over-current protection circuitry."

Or how about i get a kicker kx200.2 2ch for $25.00 to run the door speaks, and i run the 4" off h.u...... OH WAIT! i already did that.yea i bought a 200.2 from worlddre but shes a fuse blower, but for the time i have a alpine FM240 4 channel. to use.

ANYWAY. i got some work done today on the fiberglassing. heres some pics.

ee772752.jpg

ee772706.jpg

ee7726ec.jpg

ee7726cb.jpg

ee7726b2.jpg

ee772698.jpg

ee77266d.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.