seeking ultra high end single din H/U

Participant count
  • Participant list

excelon72
10+ year member

anyone know the name of the pioneer...or the pioneer premier head unit that was about 2000.00? it was silver its been gone for a few years it was considered the best besides the alpine f1 which is still a little rich for my blood. i would appreicate any help OR could anyone recomend a HIGH END single din H/U. DO NOT RESPOND WITH jvc,sony,dual,jensen or any of that crap please only serious ideas and model numbers too if possible. i am looking for an audiophile grade head unit. MINIMUM 5v preouts and 105+cd s/n ratio currently im looking at the eclipse 7200 mkII it has 8v preouts and a 110 s/n ratio so unless the alpine F1 on ebay comes down in price or anyone has any other ideas.

again this is for an SQ system not a trunk monkey system thanks.

P9 or the ODR was the best of the Pioneer's.

I have to wonder, if you are looking for one of the "ultra high end" decks why you are so concerned about price. None of the top of the line decks are cheap and never will be. If you're shopping for price, you're going to end up with a deck that has issues.

i hear youi have 1500 to spend was HOPING to have some change left over for a parrot bluetooth since none of the higher end ones are gonna have it and thats about 250.00 so basically i have abut 1250 to 1500 the cheapest alpine f1 is 2200-3000. ty for th reponse very much

btw i lovvvve machintosh their amps are beautiful to look at and listen too i was looking at an old mcintosh hed unit but the guy wants 900.00 for it

You can't go wrong with a P9 for the price. If you take care of it, the resale value will always be pretty high.

What McIntosh deck were you looking at for $900.00? If it was a MX406 that's too high. If you're ever in the market for McIntosh amps or decks drop me a line. I usually have a few extras laying around.

I am not generally a Pioneer fan, but those p9 and ODR units are sick!! I have installed a couple along with the Class-A ODR amps, the stuff is top-notch, and the HU looks amazing when lit up at night..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.