Second amp question

Participant count
  • Participant list

lawlyes2007
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
My HU has 3 pre outs, (front, back, sub) Currently I only have one set of rcas going to the sub amp.

I just bought another amp and some components, my question is do i need to run another set of rcas from the (front) pre to the amp for the comps or can I use the out for the sub amp?

If you are going to run an amplifier to the front for the components,then yes you will.It will prob be cheaper, and easier to just get an amplifier kit that will have all you need since you are adding another amplifier.To add another subwoofer amplifier, i recommend using a set of y adapters and stay on the sub channel.

The subwoofer output on your deck is likely filtered for low frequencies only so you will definitely want to run a separate set of RCA's

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.