Search function brokeded, old guy getting back into the game

Polar

CarAudio.com Elite
hey guys, been a minute and have a new ride which Im lost as to where to begin. 2015 Fusion SE, stock, basic crap 6 speaker system with the 4 inch screen. You think Im ok using a LC2, for (2) amps, 1 for the subs and the other for my front components? They have a " tesla" style screen for my car but it is some serious coin. Id rather do what I can do to make my commutes for enjoyable for now. I have not seen any builds that I can find on this particular car. Thanks.

eh, Ill do a dsp later on, when I get to change out the head unit crappin thing with the ac controls. I just scored a sweet amp from someone on here, its looking like (2) AB XFL 10's or 12's at the moment

Do the JL Fix 86 for now to run your amplifiers for the factory integration. It will undo the factory time alignment and EQ and it has basic 10 band EQ as well. When you’re ready add the JL Twk DSP, which is designed to work with that fix 86. I have both of these and love them.

You should definitely get the newest model XFL with the new basket and more xmax supposedly they are a better sounding speaker than the originals which were still pretty sweet from what I heard as in listening to the speakers not heard from someone else supposedly the new HDS have American coils as well I know they both got the basket upgrade and soft part upgrade but I'm not sure about the coils on the XFL if their American-made or not but right before I got my zv4 as I was looking at the HDs pretty heavy they looked pretty sweet

You should definitely get the newest model XFL with the new basket and more xmax supposedly they are a better sounding speaker than the originals which were still pretty sweet from what I heard as in listening to the speakers not heard from someone else supposedly the new HDS have American coils as well I know they both got the basket upgrade and soft part upgrade but I'm not sure about the coils on the XFL if their American-made or not but right before I got my zv4 as I was looking at the HDs pretty heavy they looked pretty sweet
Buddy just did a swap, new xfls plays louder, lower and cleaner without sacrificing any top end bandwidth

I dont know either, but I know Im probably going to go with the 12's on the crunch ground pounder. next up is figuring out a box design that I can build. I dont want to hack up my car, thinking of porting through the center arm rest, subs firing forward? Thoughts?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.