RCA Wiring Question

Participant count
  • Participant list
I am running from a Sony57up into a newly acquired Massive Audio Eq7 going into a Hifonics BRE2100 for the sub, and another 4 channel amp for the mids, and highs..In the past I ran a single RCA to the hifonics with a spliter to go to both inputs for a one channel mono mix..With the EQ inline do I continue to do the same, or do I run both the outs (im assuming the eq7 mixes both channels together) into the inputs?? Seems simple enough, but I have yet to see it addressed in the literature for either component, thanks for any help on this...

Do you even need the EQ? You have 6 preouts it looks like, use all 6. Run all 6 to the EQ, then run all 6 to the amps

If you can set filters and eq on the headunit get rid of the EQ. Just another component that may add noise

I have one set of rca's coming out of the sony, 3 sets coimng out of the eq7...Front, rear, sub..Was going to use the hpf's, and lpf's on the amps to do the xover, and the eq for tweaking...Thanks..I have the eq, so at least want to give it a shot, if not happy will try another route..

Use the one set from the head unit to feed the EQ. Use the sub out to feed the Hifonics with the front and rear outs to feed your four channel. Daisy chaining the amps after the EQ will defeat the purpose of putting it in..

Moparnut..(ran a 68 Dart, 440 drag car for years) should i run both outputs to the hifonics input, or one to a spliter?? Was not going to daisy chain..I want the flexibility of the eq7 fade, level, etc...I guess im not writing this right...Thanks for your help..

Moparnut..(ran a 68 Dart, 440 drag car for years) should i run both outputs to the hifonics input, or one to a spliter?? Was not going to daisy chain..I want the flexibility of the eq7 fade, level, etc...I guess im not writing this right...Thanks for your help..
check out motor trend channel on youtube, i'm sure you'd love their shows as do i and many others. dulcich is a mopar guy through and through lol

run both channels (L&R) into the hifonics. you may only be running one sub channel, but bass (although rarely) can have a left and right note so you'll miss some parts if you only plug in left or right

I love Roadkill and Hot Rod Garage. My dad had a 74 Hemi Cuda when I was little. I miss that car to this day. The Dart sounds awesome.

As stated above, run left and right channels for sub, front and rear. That will give you the flexibility you are looking for. Here is a sketch that I hope helps you out.

xZhgGCD.jpg

Got ya..I just wanted to make sure it was a mono mix on the sub..Coming off the HU its say use only one channel with a y into the hifonics...Kinda thought it mixed it...Thanks much...I will check out the youtube stuff...Been a mopar fan all my life, altho now I run a Camaro at the track..(much cheaper) not as unique as a Chrysler product tho....

**** i just caught the hemi cuda....AWESOME......I had a 71 Plumb Purple Challenger with the aar hood, but it was only a 318 car..Even so it ran pretty good with 3.91 gears in the back...My dart was really cool, 440 built six pack motor a true 11 second street car, back then that was quick, now days production cars would smoke it...It handled like a dog too, very nose heavy...Drum Brakes....Aggg.......It was like stopping Fred Flintstones Car, but it went straight, and launched hard with the slicks on..4.30 gears...I miss it..Thanks again....Tom

You were fortunate. I would give anything to have had one of the originals. Nothing like a plum crazy purple on those cars. My favorite color on them by far. The wife picked out my car for me when I made it to 40. It amazed me how close they modeled the interior of my car to the cuda my dad had. It was the first thing I noticed when I sat in there and it brought back so many memories. His was black on black like mine is.

Glad to help Tom.

i ran 2 RCAs out of my deck. 1 to my sub amp, one to my EQ. then 1 RCA from EQ to main amp. i didnt want to EQ my sub. i can tweak how the sub sounds with sub volume and xover with my deck

i have this mounted under my seat, love it

EBA-CLA-EQS-755.jpg

i ran 2 RCAs out of my deck. 1 to my sub amp, one to my EQ. then 1 RCA from EQ to main amp. i didnt want to EQ my sub. i can tweak how the sub sounds with sub volume and xover with my deck
i have this mounted under my seat, love it

EBA-CLA-EQS-755.jpg

So you used y's to do this??? I never thought of doing it that way...I really am not as interested in the eq part as i am the levels, and fade...Its hard for me to change things on the fly with my deck...So 25 percent eq, and 75 percent controls....I must admit this seems to be a well built little unit for the price...The specs dont even look to bad...Thanks to both of you guys for the help...

i didnt use Ys. i used 3 pairs/sets of RCA jacks

1 set from deck to sub amp

1 set from deck to eq

1 set from eq to main amp

i dont have rear speakers. 1 set of comps upfront, 1 sub in trunk

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.