Search = fail. Aero port question.

Participant count
  • Participant list
if you want it to have the true characteristics of an aeroport, you will need flares on both ends. It will work without both ends flared, but that is just a waste, and you might as well do a slot port.

Well, every port that I have done so far with pvc only has had ridiculous port noise, even with a 4" for (2) 8's. I know that the flare will reduce port noise, but didn't know if it had to be flared on the inside. I keep hearing that you can get away with a smaller box with aeros too. Is this just because you can use a smaller port and still avoid port noise?

That can't be right. Not disputing your knowledge, but pvc is a circle. I'm assuming it has something to do with airflow characteristics of the flare and reduced turbulence.

I said it was a circle and that it was more efficient because of it. Thats what your first sentence said.

A slot port is flat obviously, so it has corners, dead spots. A round port does not.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.