Participant count
  • Participant list

JD_TeamActAudio
10+ year member

CT
Ok, first, here's the system:

- Digital Designs M3 amp

- Memphis Mojo 15" Quad Coil

- Custom box, 3.75u ft (before displacement), 4x 4x18" aero ports (external)

- 2004 Impala

Ok, the system was doing 147.2 no problem yesterday, we sealed the rest of the trunk (back plate, sides, rear deck) and can't get over 146.3 now ... any ideas?

No, we didn't do a wall-to-wall seal, sealed the underside of the rear deck, the back panel, both sides, just more or less patching the holes to prevent air loss. I can't do pics since the box is in there now and is a major pain to get out .

somethings wrond doesnt make sence i used just duct tape whe i went to a show ad i gaied almost a full 1db if you ost somethings wrong is the box directio the same s before or did you turn it around

Nope, everything is the same. I was reading somewhere that the dynamat type material can restrict airflow creating a loss in DB... here's the setup before i did it regarding burping at shows:

1. Drivers door open ~1-2"

2. Seats down

3. Passanger seat forward and tilted forward

After sealing:

1. Drivers door all the way open

2. All else the same

We also dropped 2hz in the peak frequency.

how does dynamat restrict aiflow:confused:

Nope, everything is the same. I was reading somewhere that the dynamat type material can restrict airflow creating a loss in DB... here's the setup before i did it regarding burping at shows:
1. Drivers door open ~1-2"

2. Seats down

3. Passanger seat forward and tilted forward

After sealing:

1. Drivers door all the way open

2. All else the same

We also dropped 2hz in the peak frequency.

yes. when we ran my buddies car at a local comp we held the trunk down hoping to gain db's but when we let off the deck lid jumped up and down and the mic went up .4

need to try it with the door open 1-2" like before. Your set up might not like the door all the way open...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.