Sealed box size.

Participant count
  • Participant list

derek33
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
mass
For a while ive been planning on building a ported box for my two 15" mtx 8000's. The decision was delayed cause my friends considering buying my system for his audi, and the box would be useless. I Figured it would be a good choice to build a sealed box as practice before i decide to build a ported box.

my question is does size matter. My current outer dimensions are 16x16x32. and their are two chambers in the box. I figured i would make a significanyly bigger sealed box like, 34x18x24, with a single chamber.

I am wondering what i will notice in sound and performance.

thanks.

Larger box will allow for deeper responce, the down side is that each sub had a certian point where the box is too big, which makes it an infinate baffle(free air) usually not good for subs. Best bet is to stay in the manufactures recomended specs.

EDIT: also larger boxes allow less power to get the sub to its mecanical max

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.