Sealed @ 1.25cuft just doesnt cut it for me..

foomasta69
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Today i just installed my new JL 12w6v2 in an 1.25cuft sealed box built to the manuals specs and to be honest i dont like it very much.. Prior to this i was running one Alpine Type R 12" @ 2.5cuft ported 32hz and it got alot louder..I was running the same amp so about 500-600w. Even though it is JL and they are all about SQ im thinking maybe building a ported box for it.. It does look like it can move more air than the Type R so maybe it will get louder in a ported enclosure than the type r did? How big should i build the box and tune it to?

As said, I cannot think of an instance where the W6 will be louder than the R. One is a pure SQ speaker, the other is for SQL. Sell your W6 and get something else if you want more output. You won't, however, find a speaker that's cleaner that the W6 for a car.

Im going to try it ported 2ft^3@32hz.. i actually don't mind it right now in the 1.25ft^3 box it gets pretty **** loud to be honest but it does feel like its missing something.. oh and that thing is clear as day wow the hits are right on the dime!!

Im going to try it ported 2ft^3@32hz.. i actually don't mind it right now in the 1.25ft^3 box it gets pretty **** loud to be honest but it does feel like its missing something.. oh and that thing is clear as day wow the hits are right on the dime!!
or you could give it to me cheap cuz im local:p:

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.