Screeching Audio Noise

Participant count
  • Participant list

Steven 0614

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hello, I just installed a brand new head unit in a 1995 Harley and when I tested the radio prior to putting the faring back on, the radio worked great and speakers sounded awesome. I then installed the head unit onto the inner faring and moved some ground wires while doing so. Once I tested the radio, the speakers now screech as the volume gets turned up. If I balance to the right speaker, it clears up and sounds great at max volume ( (Rockford speakers but not newer). As I use both speakers equally, the volume won’t let me go over 15/60 without piercing my ears with screeching. The music sounds perfect under volume level 15 on both speakers and I am just confused how it worked fine 5 minutes before installed it to the inner faring. In addition, the back of the head unit gets very warm within a 2 minute period. I’m not to good with wiring but felt this was done so correctly. Please help!

A wire is almost assuredly grounded to metal somewhere. I could also be the power or ground wires also. Once electronics go into low voltage they can malfunction in many different ways. If the ground is bad it will get hot also like you describe. The screech sounds like probably a speaker wire issue, but who knows. Any bad wiring or malfunction inside the stereo can cause noise

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...