SAZ-3500d

this is the wire I have(2 kits)... (Knukonceptz product detail for CLOSE OUT - IXOS 0 GAUGE POWER KIT) It shows that it is copper, but came with 300 amp fuses so I am guessing that that is what it will handle. I did purchase some extra 0 gauge to do the big three so it is in the plan. So I should have an inline 300 amp fuse per positive wire between the battery in the trunk to the amp?

I really appreciate the advice!

this is the wire I have(2 kits)... (Knukonceptz product detail for CLOSE OUT - IXOS 0 GAUGE POWER KIT) It shows that it is copper, but came with 300 amp fuses so I am guessing that that is what it will handle. I did purchase some extra 0 gauge to do the big three so it is in the plan. So I should have an inline 300 amp fuse per positive wire between the battery in the trunk to the amp?
I really appreciate the advice!
That wire is awesome stuff good choice, for the fuses thing about it like this. If the positive wire run to the trunk gets damaged and contacts the frame, if you just have a fuse up front, it will blow, but you still have the back batteries having an emotional meltdown in your trunk. So you add another fuse in the trunk before the back batteries so if the wire grounds out, all batteries will get disconnected, and the last run to the amp from the end battery is recommended to be fused, but its the least necessary of the three. unless!!! you have an AMP with out built in fuses then the last fuse is a must.. And im happy to help man //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

I am going to go with 300 amp fuses all around to be on the safe side, and 150 amp fuses on each line running from the battery to the amp since the amp does not have any fuses and it states on the website that it needs a 300 amp fuse.

I am going to go with 300 amp fuses all around to be on the safe side, and 150 amp fuses on each line running from the battery to the amp since the amp does not have any fuses and it states on the website that it needs a 300 amp fuse.
That sounds like a really good plan man, only thing I can add at this point, is that you only need to fuse power wire, grounds are okay left un-fused, but by all means do it. You wont hurt anything //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Oh! haha, no I didn't even check the voltage drop with a multi-meter but I can tell you this, even at its loudest bass note, the interior lights don't dim at all. So it is probably pretty stable I would guess somewhere over 12.8V.

Oh! haha, no I didn't even check the voltage drop with a multi-meter but I can tell you this, even at its loudest bass note, the interior lights don't dim at all. So it is probably pretty stable I would guess somewhere over 12.8V.
Well then he must have a good ground in the back //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif But good i'm happy the systems solid (enough) //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I got everything wired up (have yet to finish the big three, I added the ground), but I have an issue. My amp keeps going into protection mode after about 10 minutes of playing at close to max volume. The amp barely gets warm so I am not sure what is going on. Do you think finishing the alt big three connection will fix this? I read it could be the RCA cables, but it works fine for a while before going into protection mode. Any Ideas?

I think I figured out my issue. I had the gain on the amp at 3/4 so I backed it down to 1/2 and it has not went back into protection mode, but I lost some volume. Do I need more batteries to hold the 3/4? It sounded so much louder before.

*Edit

I still have an extra 0 gauge wire that I have not installed yet.(2 positive runs from, the front?)

Haven't read the thread but sounds like you are getting some nasty voltage drop. I don't suppose you've gotten the alt installed yet? For now keep the gain lower

The alt is installed and I added a 0 gauge from the alt to the battery. Not enough juice making it to the back battery?

Voltage never dropped below 13.4 and it still went into protection mode. After some Google searching I figured out the issue after finding the below video by tuffguy40. My RCA voltage was going up to 9 volts! Adjusted the RCA line converter and issue solved! Apparently Sundown amps do like more than 6 volts pre in.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.