saz 3000d going into protect mode (HELP)

tdford5
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
ohio
ok done alot of reading here and the only thing i really see is that low voltage is the main cause of amp going into protect i running a singer 275 amp alternator, big 3 , kinetik 1800 main battery and a xs power 3400 secondary battery and the amps gain is set at let a 1/4 at gain running a new set of 12" v3's at 1 ohm and it slams for about 20-30 seconds before amp goes into protect mode any help or suggestions would be appreciated..could this be cuz the subs are new and coils are tight?

Sub break-in (while very controversial)... will never effect the total impedance or voltage of a system enough to cause your amp to protect... you need to use atleast a DMM on the amps terminals, and see what your voltage drop looks like right befor it going into protect... your electrical sounds like it's up to snuff for the SAZ, but you may have a choke point somewhere in it, causing voltage drop

OH, and actually check your wired impedance... i've seen dudes spend days troubleshooting a system, cuz they thought they were wired at 1, and were actually down at like .25 ... so, check it with a DMM as well

yeah check with voltage meter checked at 1.3 ohm..at speaker terminal i have a stinger voltage meter i.havent

got it hooked up.yet ..i dont ill take any and all suggestions will do more trouble shooting tomorrow .

yea, it could do that, and you could still have a choke point... amp just wasnt pulling as much at 2... like i said, i would start with finding out what your actual drop is, and then take it from there... it will eliminate alot of other things once you figure out how bad it really is/isnt...

They are grounded to chassis..

The headunit and settings? at what volume and setting dose this occur?

Don't know if sundowns are know for heat ,but check if its warm this slightest but.

The headunit and settings? at what volume and setting dose this occur?Don't know if sundowns are know for heat ,but check if its warm this slightest but.
that shouldnt really matter in his case... he's only running it at quarter gain, so i HIGHLY doubt no matter what settings he has on his HU, that he is clipping.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.