SAX125.4 or similar (will trade)

Participant count
  • Participant list

Ronoman
10+ year member

I have a Rockford Punch 400X4 that I've had since August, and I just upgraded my bass amp to an AQ2200. I need more power for my mids//highs and so far I've looked at CT sounds, Sundown, and Soundqubed but their amps are too big and the Sundown SAX125 is extremely expensive!! Any alternatives?

At or less than 13" long

At or less than 9" wide

More than 100w per channel at 4ohm

Ill trade my Punch 400 plus cash if anyone is interested.

I couldn't say for sure since I don't have personal experience, maybe someone can chime in that does. But, like I stated, I've read that many people have been happy with them.

I doubt it would be an audible difference, especially since your running passive I'm assuming. It may not be necessary to upgrade though, instead you may need to look at the install. Do you have the doors deadened and sealed? Are the mids sealed to the door properly? It's more about the install and doing it right than just upping the power.

Last edited by a moderator:
By passive you mean each channel in the amp will be sent to full range.. rather than front channel to tweeters and rear channel to woofers?

They are sealed as well as I could.. and I couldn't really put any deadener on them because the plastic cover barely fits over with my crossover in there.

You could look into getting a PPI 900.4, it's in your size & power requirements. And from what I've read, it seems to be a solid performer.
x2

Plus with my experiences every ab class amp runs way hotter the any class d, that makes a big difference to me.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.