Sattelite Radio?

cbuts
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
hey there, im sick of listening to same old songs on my usb stick, and the ****** sounded radio because it dosnt fit with my bass or anything, so im wondering what you guys do to get nice sounding clear radio, with all types of good old and new music?

im not familiar with these devices, also dont know my possibilites.

thanks.

Satellite radio stations broadcast very compressed music. It's good for having a lot of stations instantly available, but bad for sound quality. You'll need to provide your own music that you know sounds good.

I have sirus in my car it sounds great I have it wired threw one of the aux imputs on my deck. The only trouble I have ever had is occasionally. It will drop the signal

I have sirus in my car it sounds great I have it wired threw one of the aux imputs on my deck. The only trouble I have ever had is occasionally. It will drop the signal
thanks, so how would i get something like this, and how much is it

bump still have questions, i want a radio that will go with my subs n have lots of channels,iv eseen it in other chars, are plug and plays good to get? please help //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

HD Radio is available in most places, I would suggest using a tuner capable of supporting HD Radio. I am not a fan of satellite radio for the bad SQ qualities, but also because the stupid Satellite radio companies want to sign you up for service and automatically renew you without notice. It hurts when you don't have anything in the bank and they hit you with a withdrawal and it overdraws your account. You could always get a phone capable of streaming Pandora or something similar. though I don't know much about it's quality

HD Radio is available in most places, I would suggest using a tuner capable of supporting HD Radio. I am not a fan of satellite radio for the bad SQ qualities, but also because the stupid Satellite radio companies want to sign you up for service and automatically renew you without notice. It hurts when you don't have anything in the bank and they hit you with a withdrawal and it overdraws your account. You could always get a phone capable of streaming Pandora or something similar. though I don't know much about it's quality
now u say tuner? a deck that supports hd?

and what is HD radio, the same radio stations u have now? just without fuzzing?

im just sick of same old music on my usb, and id like something like sirius (although its pricey), but im up for alternatives.. what do you guys do?

thanks

With you being in California, HD radio should be available to you unless you live in a small town in the middle of nowhere (like here in Mississippi, lol). Here is a link to information on HD receivers:

What You Need to Know about HD Radio

With all accessories you add on to components in a system, there will be upsides and downsides. I am not sure of the coverage area around you, there will be a charge for equipment (not expensive) but it's supposed to sound pretty good and it's technically free(unlike satellite radio). But you can't customize it say, like, Pandora, or the genius setting on an Ipod. It's just radio, just cleaner and free. I hope this helps you out some Bro!!

With you being in California, HD radio should be available to you unless you live in a small town in the middle of nowhere (like here in Mississippi, lol). Here is a link to information on HD receivers:

What You Need to Know about HD Radio

With all accessories you add on to components in a system, there will be upsides and downsides. I am not sure of the coverage area around you, there will be a charge for equipment (not expensive) but it's supposed to sound pretty good and it's technically free(unlike satellite radio). But you can't customize it say, like, Pandora, or the genius setting on an Ipod. It's just radio, just cleaner and free. I hope this helps you out some Bro!!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

cbuts

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
cbuts
canada,ont
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date