San Antonio - Electronics 2000 = Scammers

CadillacMatt
10+ year member

Disturbing the Peace
If anyone happens to be in the S.A. area on San Pedro, avoid Electronics 2000. I had an alarm installed by them.

1. FIrst of all, when everything was being installed, the "shop manager", Ray, called and told me that I needed to come up there so we could talk. He said I needed to give him $60 under the table for "extra parts for the door locks that would've costed more, but he's not going to tell his boss and needs the $60 for doing the favor." Me being an idiot gave him the money because I thought if I didn't, maybe he was telling the truth and I would've been charge more. Oh well.

2. They drilled the hood switch in, but did not secure it so it was flopping around loose. I went back two times and finally they figured out that that was the problem, so they screwed a PIECE OF MDF into the hood so the latch would catch! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif Needless to say the wood has warped and I need to find a more permanent solution. I ended up bolting the switch down myself.

3. They wired the door sensor into the dome light mistakenly so I had to go back a third time to get that fixed.

4. The siren was bolted on the TOP of the motor bracket. It is difficult to hear.

5. Numerous wires were stripped and left BARE in my wire track, I just discovered this recently.

They are truly a group of idiots and scammers, please do yourself a favor and avoid them at all costs. If you are looking at getting this type of work done go to CustomSounds or another respectable audio installer //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

Yeah it was a big joke. I had to laugh it off because it was almost unreal. Oh well, live and learn I guess.

I had some shorts in the car recently and I've traced them back to those wires that were left stripped in the wire track. F*cking idiots.

Wow thanks for letting me know about Ray. I didn't know that he did that.

Thankfully he no longer works for Electronics 2000. So all is clear now. Back to Rock-n-Rollin with the kicking systems. Steve Owner of Electronics 2000

Sounds on par with what I found in a few alarm installs here in the OKC area from a local company. Sad to see such thing happen to paying customers.

Wow thanks for letting me know about Ray. I didn't know that he did that. Thankfully he no longer works for Electronics 2000. So all is clear now. Back to Rock-n-Rollin with the kicking systems. Steve Owner of Electronics 2000
so why did you dislike op's statements, even though 4 years ago, he was stating a fact. obviously you must be the owner with crap employees

so why did you dislike op's statements, even though 4 years ago, he was stating a fact. obviously you must be the owner with crap employees
Sounds like this chump is Skarred Audio / Kevin's bruvver.....

i kinda agree i have gotten my previous cars done there befor and they did a great job.i got my truck tinted and had to take it back. they re did a couple of windows but the front two actually came out worse. i think the prep work wasnt done right cause there was lint all over my windows as i just cleaned my truck before takingit. the first time i took it it was clear they didnt clean around the seal of the window and now theres a big scrape as if the window was scraped to hard (a straight line of bumps). maybe it was just the tint guy. also notice scratches on the outside of my window that were not there before. i have been very satisfied from my 4 previous cars i had done by them before and customer service is excellent.but i dont know about this time.

I got my 2010 jeep wrangler outfitted with a 12" MTX audio sub woofer in a custom box behind the rear seat ( not a lot of space.) i had originally gone to Custom sounds and they wanted upwards of $800 just for an 8" sub in a pre-made box ( because 8" was the "largest they could fit behind the seat"). There was no way i was going to spend that much for just a simple 8".. i went to electronics 2000 and the owner (Steve) was VERY nice and looked over all of my options with me $350 later, Like i said they designed me a custom box with a 12" MTX audio sub, along with a lightning audio amp, as well as a new CD deck. The sound from that was amazing! Even my friends 2 12" Kickers from "A1 car stereo" couldnt match up. After a few months i went to trade in my jeep for a newer model and was concerned I wouldn't be able to keep my sub because people told me it would be to much of a hassle. However, electronics 2000 simply pulled my system out and re-installed it in my new 2012 jeep (granted it was $100 but totally worth it). They even fitted me with new cables for my amp as i wanted it to be moved to a new position for convenience! My sister has now taken over my jeep and of course loves the sub so she is keeping them. But i am looking into going to electronics 2000 to get my mustang gt outfitted with some bass! Yes Ray was sketchy, and now that hes gone I'm sure the work will be even better than before! Might even get some window tint as stock just isn't cutting it for me!

My experience is vast in the car audio world as I have done approx 7 car stereo installs from single to multiple amp set-ups. I decided to find a shop to do the install as I am now 40 and the game has changed so much in the last 20 years so I wanted to be sure the job was done right on my 2013 FORD Sony Synch system. The install Kicker Components in the front door, 2 subs in the back, one amp for seperates and a mono for the subs all integrated into the factory sound system without losing any of my Synch functions. The shop has that old school flavor and vibe of 20 years ago and brought me back to my younger years in the Bronx. The service was professional and courteous at all times and the rep/installer (Young Joe) was on point. The install was super clean as I thoroughly performed my own inspection when I got home…Joe was that good and kept it clean throughout running 0/1 Gauge to the back into a distro block then 0/4 gauge to the amps. Subs were easy and clean into a F-150 down firing box. The sound was too much and the bass not what my taste was looking for “no fault of Electronics 2000”. So I took the subs out and added my old JL box with a single 10” and had them install a Audio Control 4.1 eq/processor to clean the signal up to the amps and provide fader/eq control. The end result was a crisp, clear, sounding system exactly what I was looking for!! Great Job and I highly recommend these guys they know their stuff and have some pretty good package deals for you bass heads out there as well!! Kudos!! Rob, US Army

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...