sagging a$$

Well, I have put air shocks in place of struts...but they have a limit on to what they'll hold up. Air struts are pricey for sure though.
so no springs? or do they go inside the strut and take the place of the one in the strut? Im asking because my mountaineer is starting to sag and I need to add a few more subs and a bigger box.

compress the spings and cut some grooves into a few hockey pucks insert them into the gap you created by compressing the springs and let the springs down on them, it's about the cheapest thing you can do but be careful if those springs pop while your hand is in there you will lose a finger or two!

compress the spings and cut some grooves into a few hockey pucks insert them into the gap you created by compressing the springs and let the springs down on them, it's about the cheapest thing you can do but be careful if those springs pop while your hand is in there you will lose a finger or two!
This seems.....highly dangerous. What happens when you hit a bump wrong, you sending hockey pucks flying at people????

so no springs? or do they go inside the strut and take the place of the one in the strut? Im asking because my mountaineer is starting to sag and I need to add a few more subs and a bigger box.
in the application I was using it in, no springs. Now you COULD add extra air shocks to your current setup, I'd suggest the longest throw air shocks (you'll have to research piston length maximums) and you could weld on some new shock mounts to your rear end. But honestly, bags would be the way to go for you. There are bolt on kits from around $250.

This seems.....highly dangerous. What happens when you hit a bump wrong, you sending hockey pucks flying at people????
nope it's just like what they sell but since your making it it's about 1/3 the cost and the compression of the spring along with the groove in the puck will not let go of it as the spring is under a good amount of pressure even with the weight of the car off it, the only dangerous part is getting them in there!

has anyone suggested taking all the audios out? Cheapest option there is. And if you sell the audios, it's the option that makes you money
But..... Then I don't have any audios? And the all I have is my shi tty little car?... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

garretttt4

10+ year member
big pimpin
garretttt4
Watertown sd
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date