Bass knob wire

Phone lines are 2 pair, most bass knobs are 3 pair. It's the same connector, a RJ-11 connector. I can get the pinout for you if you have some crimpers and want to make one.

Better question is......do you need one? And why?
EXACTLY!!! set ur gains with a dmm or a dd-1 if u can get one, and leave them alone. Remote gain knobs are a freakin joke.. I have no idea why they even exist.. except to make money off of people that don't understand that gain, and volume are 2 completely different animals.

I set my gain with a DMM and my bass knob was set to 100%

Now if I listen to some rock song and dont want all the bass, I turn it down. Then when I go to something I want to hear bass out of, I turn it back up.

I dont understand, why are they a joke/money stealing items?

What is the wire that runs from the bass knob to the amp...looks almost like a phone line but I tried a phone line and it didnt work.
Well when used right there's no problem with them if you can't find/make one and it's anything like a Rockford cable I have one I can mail you.

I set my gain with a DMM and my bass knob was set to 100%Now if I listen to some rock song and dont want all the bass, I turn it down. Then when I go to something I want to hear bass out of, I turn it back up.

I dont understand, why are they a joke/money stealing items?
You boosted your bass amp EQ before setting your gain?? I bet your subs don't get much power overall like that. Usually on most amps that EQ is in the 40-45hz region and around +12db. Seems like it would sound boomy and flabby like that on certain notes. I like a little boost, like +3 - 5 sometimes with some rock or country. Most rap, dub, etc. has enough going on down there that no boost is needed.

Ohhh, no no no, I misread/understood this convo. I set my gain with everything on 0. What im talking about is an inline knob to turn my gain down, if that makes any sense. (my allergies are killing me and Id taken some allergy meds earlier. My bad)

I have a audiocontrol line driver/eq and an A.C. active x-over with a line driver as well. my amp gains are set to flat cuz of the hot signal that im pushing. this allows me to leave the gains alone and simply tweak the eq and master volume to "push" more bass/mid bass/ mids/tweets when necessary. I have about 7000 songs on my Ipod and virtually none of them have the same production quality.. from Napster to Kazaa to Limewire there are many variances.. plus i use my cd player and HD radio a lot as well. If youre constantly adjusting the gain theres far more room for error, and clipping. I'm just saying that in a perfect world the output would be consistent, but clearly that's not the case. Find a safe gain setting and leave it there, or run the risk of clipping.

EXACTLY!!! set ur gains with a dmm or a dd-1 if u can get one, and leave them alone. Remote gain knobs are a freakin joke.. I have no idea why they even exist.. except to make money off of people that don't understand that gain, and volume are 2 completely different animals.
Um yes I need one, if it is not plugged in the amp does not work.

And I use it because I like to turn the bass off sometimes (talk radio for example) so I use the knob to basically turn the bass off, because at the low setting the bass is pretty much non existent. So yes the knob is perfectly a legit piece of equipment and not a joke. That's like saying you shouldn't need a volume knob in your car, just set it to the max potential and listen. Well sorry but sometimes I like to turn things up/down.....

gckless

Phone lines are 2 pair' date=' most bass knobs are 3 pair. It's the same connector, a RJ-11 connector. I can get the pinout for you if you have some crimpers and want to make one. [/quote']

I'd like that very much. Thank you.

Um yes I need one, if it is not plugged in the amp does not work.
And I use it because I like to turn the bass off sometimes (talk radio for example) so I use the knob to basically turn the bass off, because at the low setting the bass is pretty much non existent. So yes the knob is perfectly a legit piece of equipment and not a joke. That's like saying you shouldn't need a volume knob in your car, just set it to the max potential and listen. Well sorry but sometimes I like to turn things up/down. whatever floats ur boat bro.. comparing it to volume knob is just ridiculous comparison.. and as far as an amp that wont work without the use of a remote knob?? If that's the case then something isn't working correctly.. an RG59 cable can be purchased at any elect supply store in various lengths. It's a standard 4 pair white/blue wh/orange wh/green wh/brown pinout, and they're dirt cheap and easier than buying a crimping tool that will spend the rest of it's life in ur toolbox, unless your a telecommunications technician.

Um yes I need one, if it is not plugged in the amp does not work.And I use it because I like to turn the bass off sometimes (talk radio for example) so I use the knob to basically turn the bass off, because at the low setting the bass is pretty much non existent. So yes the knob is perfectly a legit piece of equipment and not a joke. That's like saying you shouldn't need a volume knob in your car, just set it to the max potential and listen. Well sorry but sometimes I like to turn things up/down.....

I'd like that very much. Thank you.
You don't need a remote gain to make the amp work...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.