safe wiring to pioneer ts3004spl

Participant count
  • Participant list

rhysbarratt

ok i got the pioneer tsw-3004spl it says this...Dual 4-ohm design, can be wired into 2 ohms or 8 ohms

My amp says this: 2 Ohm stereo stable bridgeable into 4 Ohms

ive looked on the link shown in the sticky, would it be safe to wire it as this:

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/rftech/wiringwizard/1_4ohmDVC_2ohm.gif

or this one:

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/rftech/wiringwizard/1_4ohmDVC_8ohm.gif

someones asked if my sub was 2ohm mono stable, its not, its a 2channel legacy la2060 ( i know they arent the best) and he said i might need to wire one channel up to each coil to keep it 4ohm.. i dont know how to though

just wondering how i should wire it up as i dont want to blow my 3rd sub.

thanks,

Rhys

ok so if i wire the sub like this

1_4ohmDVC_2ohm.gif

how should i change the wiring to my amp? i dont know much, i know, but this is how it is now when it was bridged for my old sub:

ampwiring8wd.jpg

i just need to swap those wires somehow dont i?

and about the power, amp specs say 500wrmsx2@2ohm, this will apply to this wont it, with 500 to each coil yeah?

thanks for help so far guys //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

bump, to make it unbridged do i just swap wires on amp to the middle instead of bridged being the two outer connections? i dont know and getting the sub today so please let me know. thanks

umm, if you're running it at 2 ohms, without the amp bridged, it means you're only running on channel of the amp (these guys seem to be lacking in the brains department who suggested that)
your only option, is to run one 4 ohm coil per channel, or, connect the coils in series, to make it 8 ohms, and run the amp bridged, which means each channel will "see" 4 ohms anyway, and its pretty much the same...

I suggest the second option, just for the simplicity of using two wires for the sub, instead of 4.

well you must be mr brains. run at 2 ohms and you will recieve the most power from that option. if you run at 8 ohms you will not get much power at all. and if you use each channel for each coil at 4 ohms each, you still wont get as much as you would from 2 ohms. use the wiring diagram as shown and do not listen to death by bass because you will not recieve the power in wich your woofer needs.

good luck

ok so if i wire the sub like this
1_4ohmDVC_2ohm.gif

how should i change the wiring to my amp? i dont know much, i know, but this is how it is now when it was bridged for my old sub:

ampwiring8wd.jpg

i just need to swap those wires somehow dont i?

and about the power, amp specs say 500wrmsx2@2ohm, this will apply to this wont it, with 500 to each coil yeah?

thanks for help so far guys //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

you can use your right or left channel it doesnt matter.take the positive and the negative and connect them as they are shown. only use one channel. do not bridge it.

First of all you both need to STFU and keep your **** out of the regular sections.

Second, when you wire that amp into a 2 ohm mono load you are making each channel see 1ohm, which is very bad.

If you wire one channel into a 2ohm load that is fine...

If you wire one channel at 4 ohm to each coil...that is fine

If you wire it at 8ohms...that is fine.

WIth that amp chances are it will be better to connect it at an 8ohm load or the 4ohm to each coil. It will probly run very hot in 2ohm operation.

Now that I have said what I have to say...If I see you do this kind of behavior outside the lounge again I will see to it that you dont post outside the lounge //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif Keep it clean.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.