saab 9-3 2003 2.0t

pwnt by pat
10+ year member

Pat for Prez 2024 - vote!
Pa
I'm selling my 2.0 golf really soon, like couple of weeks - have a buyer lined up. In the past two days, I've driven several cars (cobalt ss [hahaha], gti 1.8t, gti vr6 12v and 24v, jetta 1.8t, scion tc, Audi a4 1.8t, integra, saab 95 2.3t and 93 2.0t) and of them all, I liked the 9-3 2.0t the best. The audi was much "nicer" but had as much power as my 2l, considering the weight.

I'm thinking about getting it. If course it will be under my name, my insurance, my payments, etc.

Basically, what I'm asking is has anyone had any experience with the car, repairs, problems, anything? I'm checking epinions and all of those sites now.

Also, anyone know what can be "done" to it? I'm off to the gym and will do some searching now.

Nice that you like the Saab! My dad has a 9-3 1.8t (150 hk), a little weaker - BUT! It is the same engine! The only difference is the programming. The 9-3 SS or SC (as we "Saab freaks" call them, SS=SportSedan, SC=SportCombi) is a great car, not much problems with them, nice and solid. What modelyear is the car?

For tuningparts and stuff I recomend you to talk to Nick at http://www.genuinesaab.com

I hope you make the right decision - go buy a jet! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

If you have any questions about any Saab car I will happily help you!

Hope it never, ever breaks, because the parts costs will make you cry. Other than that, my friend has one, nice car. I'd never buy one personally, but nice car //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/thumbsup.gif.3287b36ca96645a13a43aff531f37f02.gif

saabs are a nice car. my mom had a new 9-5, in whatever the big motor was, 3.8 turbo or something, when they first came out in 99. she drove it for two years and loved it. i like the refrigerated glove box and cooeld seats.

saab is owned by gm, but other than that..its a great car. im thinking of buying one in a few months. persoanlly i dont like the radio, too many buttons to push. and seeing so many green lights isnt too appealing.

saab is owned by gm, but other than that..its a great car. im thinking of buying one in a few months. persoanlly i dont like the radio, too many buttons to push. and seeing so many green lights isnt too appealing.
saab has been owned by gm since 99, when they redesigned everything. but they are still made in sweden.

I happend on this thread looking for something else, so hopefully I can still be of some help. My mom has a 2004 9-3 Aero for a runabout kindof a car and she loves it. It drives nicely and does everything really well. The only bad thing I can say about it is it is a pretty noisy car, and I would definately invest in some sound deadening. Good car, but for my money I would get a used Audi A-6 4.2.

The new ones are basically rebadged Subarus ... which is probably a good thing as far as reliability and upgradability goes ...
i have lost track of them, although i was kind of interested when i saw a brand new one in the parking lot today, paper plates are so sexy.

either way, they have made a 180 degree turn for the better since 99.

The new ones are basically rebadged Subarus ... which is probably a good thing as far as reliability and upgradability goes ...
Erhm, I would not say that any other Saab than the 9-2X is based on a Subaru! The 9-7X is based on a Trailblaizer or what they're called. The 9-5 is still a Saab 9-5, same platform as in 1998 but upgraded, the 9-3 SS (from 2003 and up) are based on the same platform as Opel Vectra or Astra.

The 9-2x is the only saab that is based on a subaru. That being said why didn't a used wrx make the list? Seems like it would be competative with the other cars.

edit: not to mention the turbo'ed 2.0 reacts well to mods

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.