SA12 Subwoofer Enclosure

Participant count
  • Participant list

Houstons23rd

Texas
So this was my first time ever using sketchup or torres messed with it for a while a came up with this double baffle design. Just looking for any advice if I need to fix anything or something somebody recommends I change. One SA12 d2, big 3, amp at 1 ohm pushing 600rms.

that box is good. I always shoot for 18-20" of port per cube in my boxes from now on.

You'll run into problems with too little port area before you will with too much. On 600 rms nominally, probably half of that is what the sub will actually be seeing, so I say your design is just fine

that box is good. I always shoot for 18-20" of port per cube in my boxes from now on.
You'll run into problems with too little port area before you will with too much. On 600 rms nominally, probably half of that is what the sub will actually be seeing, so I say your design is just fine
What would be the difference between the 18-20" and 14-16"?

What would be the difference between the 18-20" and 14-16"?
On smaller power, you COULD go with less port area as your sub would be moving less causing less air to move. If you never plan on upgrading from a 600 rms amp then you could go with 14-16" of port. 16" minimum is what I would do. But what if you up power in the future? Might aswell go as big on the port as you can now just incase you plan on upgrading power in the future

IF there was a such thing as too much port area, then when everybody turned down their systems, it'd sound terrible as the amount of port area needed exponentially decreases as you use less power.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.