SA-12 sub upgrade advice

Participant count
  • Participant list

tvn22

Hi everyone I currently have a p300-12 rockford fosgate powered subwoofer in my car, i am looking to upgrade to get more bass. I have only heard good things about the SA-12 and I am thinking of buying one and hooking up my kicker cx600.1 amp that I have to it, which puts out 600rms at 2 ohms. Is this amp good enough? also Should I get the dual 2 or 4 ohms version of the sub? and which wiring would I need to get it to two ohms to work for my amp Subwoofer Wiring Diagrams ? I bought a rockford fosgates 4 gauge wiring kit. Right now i prefer to buy a box, would this be good? Sundown SA 12 V 2 SA 1 12" Vented Ported Subwoofer Sub Box by Zenclosures | eBay . Unless you guys can recommend me someone who makes good boxes

and would this be better for my setup ( this vs one sa-12 in a box) ? It cost $200 for a refurb same as one new SA-12 . I do not wish to buy a new amp http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kicker-40DCWS122-12-1200-Watt-Dual-Loaded-Car-Audio-Subwoofer-Sub-Enclosure-/391000521469?pt=Car_Subwoofers_Enclosures&hash=item5b09727afd

Last edited by a moderator:
that subwoofer box "looks" good but call and ask first what its tuned to and whats the NET volume. because gross is 2.77 according to their dimensions given but they do not state what is is tuned to.

your amp is just on the dot for what your subs need but its always better to have headroom because in reality you'll never get those 600@2ohms. but it'll do as long as you set your gains properly.

don't buy any preloaded enclosure they are as crappy as they get. companies make them for people who just want a little bass and don't want to spend time buying separate things.

oh! and you'd get a D4 sub to wire down to 2 ohms

What vehicle is this going in? Trunk/hatchback/truck single cab/ex-cab/suv? And a buget/willing to spend/max to spend.What is your electrical in the vehicle? Stock or any upgrades at all? More info needed

A mazda 3 compact sedan it has the bose system, I used a pac adapter to get the rca lines to the subs. The box can't be higher than 16inches. My budget is about 300$ I just want a box and one sub to work with my cx600.1 amp and 4 gauge wires. I feel it would be too costly to get a new amp 0 gauge wires etc. Everything is stock I just have a 4 Guage wire to the battery and ground to car chassis.

ended up with a rockford p1 2x12. Got the sub and box for $100 , it will suffice for now

woof.jpg

ended up with a rockford p1 2x12. Got the sub and box for $100 , it will suffice for now
woof.jpg

Would have been much happier with the SA-12. I run SA-12s and have a buddy with those subs and there is absolutely no comparison. But, I'm glad your'e happy.

My best advice would be to save up the money and do a full blown system overhaul. Electrical, subs, custom box, new amp(s), and door speakers.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.