S10 extended cab port question

Participant count
  • Participant list
Anyone with a s10 care to help ? down firing or subs up with port on driver side or subs up with port in middle .. Hate to spend money to have a box built and then find out i should of done it a different way .

Anyone with a s10 care to help ? down firing or subs up with port on driver side or subs up with port in middle .. Hate to spend money to have a box built and then find out i should of done it a different way .
I have an extended cab Sonoma and have done many many boxes in it. The sub up port up made my roof and back wall rattle like crazy. One where I did subs forward and port to the drivers side made my head hurt horrible. I did one that was subs forward and port to the passenger side. That was the best for spl since it loaded off that right side wall and in usaci our mic goes in the passenger floorboard. My current box is a blow through, that's in place of my rear window. So subs and port forward. I have tons of windshield flex for the little power I'm currently running and so far im loving this design. I guess it really depends on what you want.

I have an access cab. I have subs up and port up next to my passenger door. Back glass can rattle at times, but not too noticeable when you're slamming (at least in my truck). My next box is going to be subs up and an aeroport facing the windshield in between the passenger and driver seats.

Subs up port up may be my best bet for for all around enjoying . I'll see if i can get more room and find somewhere to mount the amps other then right on the box

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.