s10 drop

bborey
10+ year member

FPCustoms
NOLA
ok so i been sayin im gonna put a 3/4 drop on my 98 s10, but a good friend has told me i should do the lowest drop possible bc if i don't then ill end up wanting it lower.. the lowest they make is a 4/6, but id do a 4/5(bc i wanna make it sit close to level and dont like when trucks lean back).

my question is would the 4/5 drop cause problems with scrapping, and would it be worth it spend $460 plus another $100+ for shocks on the 4/5 drop(McGaughy kit), when i can get the 3/4 for $410(DJM kit/shocks)

you can go as low as a 5/6 (2" spindels, 3" coils and 3" leafs and 3" blocks)

I have a 3/3 (my truck was level from the factory) and I was hitting my rear bump stops until i cut them out. So with a 4/5 You will have to cut them bump stops off in the rears. You may be ok wit the front bump stops. I never noticed any scrapping or nothing.

also that 3/4 DJM kit, is the rear drop 4" blocks, or 3" leafs, and a 1" block? If the 4" drop blocks, I would stay away from them.

4" blocks. and whys that? and i'll probably end up C notchin the frame eventually. and yeah my friend has a 2/3 drop.

if your gonna notch the frame might as well bag it IMO.
no bc i can pay like $100 for a c notch and bolt it on, and baggin will cost at least 2grand, and id rather not bag a daily driver.

4" blocks. and whys that? and i'll probably end up C notchin the frame eventually. and yeah my friend has a 2/3 drop.
I just feel that is too much block between your rearend and leafs to be riding on. Feels unsafe to me. They are some pretty chezzy thin metal. Also, the ride quality is not as good. Just my opinion that man.
if your gonna notch the frame might as well bag it IMO.
Ture! lol

Also keep in mind about pinion angles, driveshaft length issues, ect.. What do you have, X-cab, or standard? Do you have an extreme model?

I have a tacoma at a 6/6 and I hit frame, drag crossmember(rarely) and cat, rub fenders(gettin cut out), can't turn worth a crap.

Id go on s10forum.com and I bet you can score some used drop stuff for close to nothin.

im used to the lowering thing and im getting ready to bag my truck. when it come to the 4" block thing with the DJM kit, they wouldnt make the kit if it didnt met certain requirements. jus keep in mind that they are a big company that has codes to follow and they arent jus some guy in a garage tryin to half ass lower a truck. i know my truck is no s10 cause its an f150 but a few of my friends have their trucks lowered that way and they have no problems other than the ridin rough but thats pretty much what happens when u lower a truck. and as far as the notch thing goes, a c-notch simply cuts a small chunk out of the frame and adds a bolt in brace to support the frame to allow a lil more clearance for the axel. when u bag a truck u cut the frame in half and remove an entire section out of it replacing that section with a notch called a step notch to allow the axel to come completly through the frame. its 2 diff things when it comes down to it.

i had a friend who had a 4 5 drop on an s10. ish looked sick, pretty much had to stunt driving around the streets of NOLA tho. it looked level to me.. his truck almost looked bagged, and he was running 18s with 35 series tires. sometimes u gotta decide fashion or function....in this case fck it fashion all the way!!! slam that ****. like ur friend said u will want to go lower. i dropped my magnum, and always wished i went with the lower kit

and u gonna do the drop or pay someone to do it cus that would help save some $$

i had a friend who had a 4 5 drop on an s10. ish looked sick, pretty much had to stunt driving around the streets of NOLA tho. it looked level to me.. his truck almost looked bagged, and he was running 18s with 35 series tires. sometimes u gotta decide fashion or function....in this case fck it fashion all the way!!! slam that ****. like ur friend said u will want to go lower. i dropped my magnum, and always wished i went with the lower kit
and u gonna do the drop or pay someone to do it cus that would help save some $$
hha yeah dude i got 225/40/18Rs on my truck, i was thinkin about runnin 230/45/18rs for my next set. and im not down in new orleans a whole lot(live about 45min outside) but i do end up down there at times.and as far as doin it hell yeah m doin it myself haha. my cousins husband is a mechanic so ima just lift the truck and i can do the rer end in 20min tops prob. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

lowering kits ****. cut your ride and bag it. anything else is a waste. quiet honestly.
personal opinion quite honestly, and im not baggin for a reason, i dont feel like spendin the money for a daily driver and even more important id rather not be out of a vehicle bc a bag blows out or cant hold air for some reason and also id rather not have to wait roughly a month to get the suspension is done. if i decide to turn the truck into something for shows then yeah i'll bag it, but that'll be a while if ever.

bags on a dd do need to be maintained to keep from goin out on u. in my case i was able to get a work truck and ever since i lowered my other truck ive wanted it lower and i was about to go from the 3/4 to the 5/6 drop but now im jus goin all out and baggin it. if i want to go lower later ima boddy drop it. its simple as that. lol. but i think ur makin the right choice one jus puttin a drop on ur dd but i deff say no matter what ur gonna wanna go a lil lower so if i were u id jus drop that ****.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

bborey

10+ year member
FPCustoms
bborey
NOLA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date