S10/Blazer Coolant temp sensor

As mentioned the sensor for the gauge is in the head. You can easily test the gauge to make sure it's the sensor that needs to be replaced. Take the sensor wire and ground it somewhere on the truck. Turn the truck "on" not started and the gauge should peg all the way one way (up/hot).
I'll try this out later this week after my friend gets his truck back from his mom.

Could be something with emissions if it's kickn back black smoke. what exatcly is the truck doing though man?
It's not doing much anymore, it runs smooth since I replaced the sensor. When you gas it from idle to take off it blows out a fairly large cloud of soot-like black smoke. If it's being driven and you keep on the pedal the smoke fades down to a gray golor. Exhaust doesn't smell rich at all though, it's pure carbon coming out. I'm gonna seafoam it when I test the sensor as stated above, to see if the cylinders are dirty.

Ok, well, my buddy just went to drive his truck home. There's no spark on it now. His mom started it yesterday and it ran just fine. Today the battery was almost dead and it cranks but no spark. No check engine light either. Anyone have any ideas? His mom tried blaming me saying the system I installed in it is screwing the truck up, but I know that's not true; I've been wiring amps since I was 16.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

GreenBook

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
GreenBook
Michigan
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date