?'s about JL

ItalianStud69
10+ year member

hey i have a few ?'s about jl audio, mostly about what will be louder out of them. 1 12"w6v2 vs 2 12''w3v2? 2 12"w6v2 vs 1 12" ( or 13") w7? 3 12"w6 vs 1 12"w6v2? and also like will 2 subs no madder what sub be as loud as one sub? like right now i have just 2 12" w0 will one w6v2 be tons louder in bass??? can one subs still get real loud or does 2 make it easyer to get louder and hit eeach beat? i really want loud bass ( from jl ) and im just wonderin since i am lookin for 1 12" w6v2 will it still get real loud???

I think that the two w6v2 would probably be louder but not by much, i would go with the 13 w7 just in case you ever want to upgrade all you would have to do is get another 13 w7. Hell if you can afford go with two 13w7s in the first place. By the way what kind of amp will you be using?

um.... since i dont hhave a lot of money im goin to stick with JBL amps since they are not ton. i have a 300.1 now and i think its very good but if i got a w6v2 i would get the jbl 600.1 and if i did get 2 w6v2's i would get the 1200.1 and if i got a w7 i would get the 1200.1

Yeah I would probably go with the one W7 just because it would be easier to upgrade in the future. One W7 with a jbl 1200 on it would sound sweet. Plus I think I heard somewhere that they are discontinuing the w6v2.

I know this is doesn't exactly answer your question about JL, but have you thought about other brands of subs? Reason I bring that up is because you said you're currently running a JBL amp, and since JL subs can be quite expensive, thought maybe you could check into something comparable to JL that will save you money and possibly put the money you save towards a better quality amp. There are quite a few subs that can hold there own against the W6v2, possibly surpassing it in terms of SPL. It's definitely worth checking into if you aren't hell bent on JL.

btw, I am in no terms knocking JL, just offering a cheaper solution.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

ItalianStud69

10+ year member
ItalianStud69
Elk Grove Village, IL
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from