S-10 owners

Flipx99
5,000+ posts

Violator of Terms
Building 100
I was hoping some fellow S-10 owners can post up thier front stages. I am mainly curious about the mounting depth of their mids and where they placed the tweeter.

I have a few ideas about tweeter placement, but I am curious what it looks like aethetically.

I am also curious how you dealt with the shallow mid location. It looks like I will either have to cut the grill out or something. These profi's don't seem to want to fit because of that bar.

This is where I mounted mine..........

b0a1bcff.jpg

I will check. Does it mount very deep? The profis have a 2.5" installation depth, but need a little over 3" all together for excursion and whatnot.

I had to use 3/4 spacers for my '94 s10, non power windows, to fit my pathetic alpine r's. Was a waste of time for these, i think. Oh and i also had to cut the door panels. It depends on the year and acc. such as power windows etc. for the depth.. s10forum has all this info, like stated. Gl.

Not really. I haven't noticed the use of very much high end over there. I have seen a lot of use of coaxials in my searches and no real replies when I asked what the biggest that will fit.

I have an 01 with manual windows. But if the above guy got his to fit, I should be able to get mine. I know I will need more than a 3/4" space, I am thinking more like 1.75. I am making it out of mdf so the height doesn't matter as much as "what is the biggest that will fit w/o cutting the grill.

Is that installation depth?
Do you have any pictures of how you did this?
Yes.

Sorry, i don't have any pics. I can take some now that they are installed, to show you how ugly it looks with unpainted mdf rings and how far they stick out ? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I had the alpines laying around and i knew, i would be changing them soon, so i didn't bother painting the rings.

put the tweets in the apillars, gave me a killer sound stage in my jimmy. It was like they were playin on my dash //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

1000416nr6.jpg

1000409cj3.jpg

and as far as the mids, the were Morel and had neo motor (2.5") it think. Now with a .5" space they sat real close the panels grill. If i did it over is probably cut out that grill and mount in its place.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Flipx99

5,000+ posts
Violator of Terms
Flipx99
Building 100
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date