RyanM923's 21" Autotek Build...

I want big numbers //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Hey now, don't put that kind of pressure on me. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

did you have this metered last time you had it installed in your vehicle?
If so what was it?

What is the new goal that you have in mind?

subscribed
I just threw it on my back seat to make sure it even worked, I never had it metered or even had it in a worthwhile box to be metered in.

I'll post some numbers up next Sunday, since the the meet this weekend is in Longview(2 hours from me //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif).

just FYI using MDF strips to brace your box is a terrible idea. they will most likely break.

get some pieces the innier H & W and cut holes in them and do it that way. i will almost guarantee those braces are going to fracture or flex and not do what they are supposed to do.

otherwise, looking good.

just FYI using MDF strips to brace your box is a terrible idea. they will most likely break.
get some pieces the innier H & W and cut holes in them and do it that way. i will almost guarantee those braces are going to fracture or flex and not do what they are supposed to do.

otherwise, looking good.
I was actually thining that too, but I didn't want to do my usual 1.25" dowels until I see that the sub is even worth going through more trouble and money for. If they do break, I'll just use some wooden dowels like I have before.

Uploading some more pics now...

Well I did a lot of work today...

Did a little more bracing, put the port in, and put some 45's in the corners.

AutotekBox007.jpg

Got the face on, just need to cut the sub and port holes...

AutotekBox009.jpg

All done with a nice lil roundover on the face.

AutotekBox010.jpg

A little angle shot...

AutotekBox012.jpg

Port's as wide as a long neck.

AutotekBox013.jpg

A test fit and size reference.

AutotekBox014.jpg

All in all I'm pretty happy with how it came out. As stated earlier I'll probably end up using 1.25" wooden dowels for braces instead of the MDF.

have you nstalled everything or doing that tomorrow?
My girlfriend drove us home this weekend, so I don't even have my truck here right now(and she drives a crossfire, so I can't take it back with us). I'll have to wait until next weekend to get everything installed and tested, then head to a comp on sunday...that anticipation is killing me.

My girlfriend drove us home this weekend, so I don't even have my truck here right now(and she drives a crossfire, so I can't take it back with us). I'll have to wait until next weekend to get everything installed and tested, then head to a comp on sunday...that anticipation is killing me.
me too.....

Probly not as much as you tho

x2, I would have at least double baffle'd the front.
I didn't have enough leftover MDF for that, unfortunately. I'd really be surprised if this box flexes much at all. The sub is close to three sides and has a brace right next to it on the right side as well.

But if it does, nothing a little $$ and some elbow grease can't fix.

wtf? single baffle?
Double baffle is overrated. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif I looked at the xmax graph on winISD and it won't be moving more than .5" at the frequency I'm playing. Not to mention it's not a terribly heavy sub and it doesn't have a lot of xmax(just a little over an inch p2p).

I also did a single baffle on my three MJ-18's and have had no flex issues...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

RAM_Designs

5,000+ posts
SketchUp Master
RAM_Designs
Rockwall, TX
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date